The 85th annual Academy Awards have come and gone and just like every year, there were some great and not so great moments from the show. Seth MacFarlane did a mediocre job as host (and William Shatner jokingly mentioned in his sketch that Tina Fey and Amy Poehler would've done a better job), and First Lady Michelle Obama presented the Oscar for Best Picture.
And besides the winners and Mrs. Obama's surprise presence, highlights from the 2013 Oscars include:
- Seth MacFarlane singing and dancing
- William Shatner reprising his role as Captain Kirk for a sketch
- Seth MacFarlane's Chris Brown and Rihanna joke
- Christopher Plummer presenting the Best Supporting Actress award to Anne Hathaway (the connection: Julie Andrews starred with both actors separately in "The Sound of Music" and "Princess Diaries," respectively)
- Anne Hathaway's speech: hoping the suffering of her character Fantine does not happen to anyone outside of the silver screen
- Daniel Radcliffe and Joseph Gordon-Levitt dancing and singing onstage
- Channing Tatum and Charlize Theron ballroom dancing
- The musical tribute segment which included music from "Chicago," "Dreamgirls," and "Les Miserables"
- Adele winning for Best Original Song and performing "Skyfall"
- The cast of Marvel's "Avengers" reassembling onstage
- Barbara Streisand's performance after the "In Memoriam" segment
- Jennifer Lawrence tripping while going up the stairs to accept her award for Best Actress and then beginning her overwhelmed speech with "You guys are just standing up because you feel sorry that I fell and that's embarrassing."
- Daniel Day-Lewis's speech - he joked that Meryl Streep was Steven Spielberg's first choice for "Lincoln"
- Ben Affleck's motivational speech after "Argo" won for Best Picture
Want more movie news and updates? Follow DC Movie Examiner on Twitter!