"Family Guy" and "American Dad" creator and star Seth MacFarlane was asked on Twitter whether he would host the Oscars a second time after making his debut in Sunday's show, and replied:
"No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though."
There was some speculation that Macfarlane was asked to host the Awards because of his relevance to pop culture. Bringing him in to host the show would bring in younger viewers, fans of Macfarlane and his shows to help ratings improve. Apparently, it worked.
The Nielsen Co., the parent company of ABC, in which it was hosted, said an estimated 40.3 million people watched the Academy Awards on Sunday, up 1 million from last year and the first time since 2010 that the show topped the 40 million mark.
According to Fox News, ratings for the 18-to-49-year-old demographic were up 11 percent over 2012. That's the age group upon which ABC bases its advertising rates, and MacFarlane was brought in this year in part to attract a younger audience.
In an interview with USA Today, Macfarlane said his schedule was too full for another awards show. "I will have put five months of work into this show .... It's been a monster of a schedule with everything else I have to deal with. Which is why I don't think I can do it again. I think it's a one-time thing. But it's been a lot of fun.'