This season's 'sea' trend has taken the fashion world by storm. On notice are all things true blue, from the scenic views of the ocean to the little incidentals that capture the beauty of the 7 seas.
The spring/summer 14' runways were high tide into the elements. For Prada's spring/summer mens collection the style modicum was wanderlust with looks abound in Hawaiian prints from collared shirts to mini suitcases.
Also resonating with the wanderlust theme was Dolce & Gabbana's spring/summer collection which featured topless models in addition to a select few models wearing skimpy swim trunks and matching tanks creating a gleeful image of what you'd hope to see ocean side at the beach.
Over to the women's side, Kenzo experimented with various layers of blue referencing impromptu notions of the sea.
Similarly,Chalayan captured the essence of nautical inspired themes with its spring/summer 2014 presentation.
Other than your standard anchor accessory here, and sailor hat there--the sea side trend can be primed with a arsenal ruled by blue.
Blue shades that run the spectrum from azure to navy to columbia blue are guaranteed to give real depth to the trend.
You can implement the sea trend without going overboard (you don't want to be mistaken for the Blue Man Crew!) with these top aquatic favorites...
1. Mango Draped Neckline Gown $80 mango.com
2. Dion Lee Water-oil Print Pencil Skirt $395 matchesfashion.com
3. Missguided Anette Bandeau Swimsuit $38 missguidedus.com
4. J BRAND Stripe and Orchid Skinny Jeans $122 boutique1.com
5. Almari Cap Sleeve Godet Dress $48 johnlewis.com
6. Jonathan Saunders 'Krista' Pants $530 stylebop.com
7. Henri Bendel Buckle Up Double Wrap Bracelet $44 henribendel.com
8. Nicholas Kirkwood Metallic Leather/Suede Platform Pumps $358 theoutnet.com
9. AQUA Floral Bib Necklace $78 bloomingdales.com
10. Teva B Original Sandal $40 zappos.com
11. French Connection Desert Croc Crossbody Bag $53 asos.com
12. Topshop Key To Freedom Silk Sarong $68 topshop.com