Looking to grab a last minute wine for your July 4th outing? What about setting off some sparklers of your own? Look to sparkling wines from around the USA to get your July 4th fix! Every state in the US makes some form of wine, so why not celebrate the states on your next trip to the wine shop. (Note: Some of these wines are harder to find Nationwide, but ask your local wine shop about them).
- J. Lohr Michigan Sparkling Wine - This tasty and sweet wine is a great compliment to any bbq meal or poolside event. It's fresh, sparkling and sure to be a crowd pleaser. I recently had it in Michigan at Bistro 82 from a wine keg, what a brilliant idea! (Cost ~$20/bottle)
- Gervasi Select Lambrusco Ohio Wine - Try this light and frizzy concoction at your next party, and bring your guests a taste of Ohio with white Lambrusco, which is basically the lightest wine you can drink! Perfect for a hot day! I recently had this wine with BBQ at Gervasi Winery! (Cost ~$28/bottle)
- Westport Rivers Massachusetts Brut - This southern MA winery boasts a cool sparkler, perfect to drink out or if you are staying in this July 4th. Its tangy and fruity, with enough sweetness for any oenophile. I tried this wine at a MA wine event, and it was a great hit all night! (Cost ~$15 – $25)
- Sparking Point Long Island Sparkling Wine - Made in the traditional style "Methode Champenoise", this NY wine will surprise you with its complex flavor and smooth palate. I had this wine at a NY Wine event, and remembered it as a great find!
- Mumm California Sparkling Wine - Of course Mumm can do it if anyone can. Try a Mumm Cuvee from the Napa Valley if you are taking it up a notch this 4th! I had this wine at the Mumm Vineyard in Napa, along with their other great varietals! (Cost ~$30)
What better way to say Happy Birthday to America! Wishing you and yours a great 4th of July! Cheers to another year of freedom and great sparkling wine for all!