Good merchandising and store upkeep motivate and inspire customers to frequent your business. A compelling exterior with a well organized and maintained parking lot can influence a customer's decision to come inside and do business. The interior having attractive and eye catching signage, full and colorful product displays, and a clean environment, gets the customer to tell people about you. These factors keep customers interested and ready to make purchases. Customers see these details as a part of service.
Recent research shows that 20% of the decision to purchase is logical, based on facts. 80% is emotional. This shows the importance of a well executed merchandising program.
A marketing strategy can get customers to come to the business, but it will not yield a positive result, if they can't find the product they are looking for, or a competitor has a better value and a more visually enticing merchandising display.
Here are some tips for creating visual cues from the customer's perspective:
- Develop your store's external appearance-This is the first thing that will be noticed by the customer.
- Maintain the good look of your store-The signage, entrance and landscapes.
- Shelves, showcases, racks and other POS materials should be well maintained.
- Repaint or repair damaged fixtures.
- Keep fixtures stocked with product, sized, and colorized.
- Make sure cleanliness is a high priority.
Do not wait until your store is disorganized and low on products. Keep it healthy and unjaded.