Autumn is the time of year where things change all around us. One of the changes that fall upon us is the grandeur of all the leaves on the trees that change their colors preparing themselves for winter. The sight of all the colors is so striking to see it can take your breath away. Another change that occurs is the slow realization that the outdoor air has begun to drop degree after degree. The cooler air is easier to breathe, there are leaves to rake into piles that children love to jump into and more time is spent outdoors around the house while others set out for long walks and exercise that were difficult to enjoy during those hot and humid days of summer.
Autumn citrus punch is a splendid way to ring in this new season. This drink can be created and enjoyed by adults and children alike. This punch has a creamy, frothy, sweet and bubbly feel, texture and taste that is so unique everyone will want to come back and dip into the punch bowl over and over again.
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (46 ounce) can of pineapple juice
- 1 (2 liter) bottle of orange soda, chilled
- Orange sherbet
- One orange cut into thin round slices, with rind attached
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, pineapple juice and orange soda into a punch bowl and stir until mixed well.
- Add scoops of orange sherbet to the punch. (Add as little or as much as you desire.) When the sherbet starts to melt the punch will get frothy.
- Serve in punch bowl glasses with or without ice.
- Add the sliced orange for added orange flavor as well as an attractive garnish to the punch.
- Instead of orange soda you can substitute it with pineapple soda.
- To spike the punch add 1 cup of peach schnapps - for adults only.
- Keep the spiked punch drinks away from children.
- Serve this punch in two punch bowls and label them both. One for children and one for adults only.
- Remember to drink responsibly.
- Never drink and drive.
- Always prepare to have a designated driver with you when you go to a party to ensure that everyone is safe on the road and you arrive home safely too.
The peach schnapps can be found in the local liquor store in Jackson for anyone wanting to spruce up the taste with a little kick of alcohol. Many other varieties are also available at the Red Hat Package Store located at 302 E Cleveland Street (251) 246-6624 for those who want to experiment with different flavored schnapps in this recipe.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: