This upside down plum cake is perfect for any celebration. It is a rich and delicious dessert, and something that everyone will love. Family and guests will think you made a plum cheese cake, but there is no cheese in this, which makes it also suitable for vegans. All of the ingredients can be purchased at your favorite grocery store, at Whole Foods, or a neighborhood health store. Canned plums are easy to use, and you can find brands without preservatives.
Upside down plum cake
Method and ingredients;
Combine for the batter;
- 1 and 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 2/4 cup of tofu, blended first in the blender
- 1 tablespoon of applesauce
- 3/4 cup of skim milk or almond milk
In a separate bowl, toss;
- 2 cups of halved purple plums (canned and drained)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
Melt in the microwave for about 10 seconds, thin if necessary with 1 tablespoon of water;
- 1/4 cup of blackberry all fruit jelly or jam
- Spray with non stick cooking oil, an 8 inch square pan.
- Pour the melted jam on the bottom of the pan.
- Dot with 3 tablespoons of applesauce.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of maple syrup over the applesauce.
- Drain the plums from the lemon mixture and arrange halves on top of the maple syrup, cut side up.
- Pour batter over the plums.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 400 degrees. If the top begins to darken, cover with foil.
- Cool in the pan, then invert onto serving platter.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds (optional).