Fleischmann’s “Simple Homemade” No Knead Bread Dough Mix is the base for these simple cinnamon rolls, a breakfast treat that the whole family will enjoy.
Cinnamon Rolls (adapted from Fleischmann’s Simple Homemade website)
· 1 package Fleischmann's Simply Homemade Country White No Knead Bread Mix
· 2/3 cup warm water (105˚ to 115˚F)
· 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
· 1 egg, beaten
· 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 2 teaspoons cinnamon
· 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 to 2 tablespoons water or milk
· (or use your favorite frosting/glaze recipe)
Combine water with yeast and sugar packets (from bread mix) in a large mixing bowl. Let sit for 3 minutes, then add 2 tablespoons melted butter, egg, vanilla and bread mix; mix to combine. Dampen the countertop by wiping with slightly damp dish cloth or sponge; cover with a piece of plastic wrap about 16 inches long. Form dough into a ball, then roll dough on plastic wrap into a 14” x 8” rectangle using a rolling pin.
Spread 3 tablespoons softened butter evenly over dough, leaving the top 1” edge unbuttered. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over butter. Using the plastic wrap, roll the dough from the long side to form a log, then slice the log into nine equal pieces. Place each roll cut-side up in a greased 8” x 8” pan. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 25 minutes. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
After rising, bake for 27 to 33 minutes; remove from oven and let cool five minutes in pan. Combine frosting ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle frosting over rolls; serve warm.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com