The exciting journey of the Winchester brothers continues in Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season. After defeating the Leviathan, Sam and Dean set off on an epic quest to seal the Gates of Hell last season. Facing a series of trials, it ended with millions of angels locked out of Heaven and left to roam Earth causing havoc. Castiel was stripped of his grace by Metatron and is now adjusting to his new life as a human -- vulnerable yet capable of more humanity. While Castiel is hunted by the powerful beings who blame him for their fall, Sam is left near-death after the trials and Dean lets Ezekiel possess Sam to heal him from the inside. As the threat of the “loose nukes” escalates, the brothers search for a way to return the angels to Heaven and head off a demon insurrection in Hell led by Abaddon. When it is discovered that Ezekiel was the angel Gadreel, the brothers agree to set their prisoner Crowley free if he helps Sam expel Gadreel. Afterward, Dean begins his path through darkness to seek Gadreel for revenge and to kill Abaddon by wielding the First Blade -- in danger of crossing the line to protect his family. Castiel regains his powers, heals Sam completely and searches for Metatron -- whom he believes holds the key to reversing the expulsion and thus sending the angels back to Heaven before their chaotic agendas induce a fallout of cataclysmic proportions. In the season finale, Sam, Dean and Castiel must work together to save humanity once again.
Created by Eric Kripke, Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles as Sam and Dean Winchester, Misha Collins as Castiel, Mark Sheppard as Crowley, Tahmoh Penikett as Gadreel, Curtis Armstrong as Metatron and Alaina Huffman as Abaddon.
Special features include “Men of Letters” featurettes, 2013 Comic-Con panel, episode commentaries, a behind the scenes revealing look at what really happens on set, unaired scenes and a gag reel.
Supernatural: Season 10 premieres on The CW on Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 9/8c.
- “I Think I’m Gonna Like It Here” - While Sam hangs on the edge of life and death, Dean appeals to the fallen angels for help. Unfortunately, most of them only see Dean as a means to get to Castiel and exact bloody vengeance on the one who caused them to Fall. Meanwhile, Sam wrestles with his inner demons and Castiel learns what it means to be human.
- “Devil May Care” - Dean and Sam take a captive Crowley to the Men of Letters base in the hopes that he will give up the names and host bodies of his minion demons. However, they are called away to investigate the disappearance of three soldiers, which leads them to Abaddon, the Knight of Hell... and forces Ezekiel to take control of Sam's body to save his life.
- “I’m No Angel” - Castiel makes his way to the Winchesters but discovers a band of angels are hunting him, intent on making him pay for what they believe is his role in banishing them from Heaven. Meanwhile, Ezekiel continues to repair Sam’s body, but informs Dean that there is a cost to be paid.
- “Slumber Party” - Sam and Dean meet Dorothy from Oz and the wicked witch when they locate an ancient computer in the Men of Letters house that dislodges a hidden hex bag that in turn unleashes a magical green-webbed wall. Dorothy became trapped in the web years ago to stop the witch from finding the key that would open the gate that connected their world to Oz.
- “Dog Dean” - Sam and Dean investigate two gruesome murders and realize that a German shepherd witnessed both deaths, so they use a spell that allows Dean to communicate with the dog. Unfortunately, the spell comes with unexpected side effects.
- “Heaven Can’t Wait” - Castiel gets a job and starts enjoying life as a human, but when he learns about some local disappearances he asks Dean to help him investigate. Meanwhile, Crowley agrees to help decipher the tablet in return for one phone call to hell.
- “Bad Boys” - Dean helps an old friend with a ghost problem at a home for delinquent boys. Dean was sent there years before for stealing food. When Sam learns about Dean's past he is stunned and asks for more information, which Dean is reluctant to give.
- “Rock and a Hard Place” - Sheriff Mills asks Sam and Dean to help her investigate the murders of four members of a church chastity group. Dean disappears shortly after the brothers join the group; and Sam and the sheriff team up to rescue him.
- “Holy Terror” - An angel war begins and a massive amount of angels are slaughtered. Sam and Dean investigate and run into Castiel who is soon captured and tortured. Meanwhile, Dean questions Ezekiel's demands and wonders if it is time to tell Sam the truth.
- “Road Trip” - Dean hunts the angel who killed Kevin and tries to separate Sam's brain from an angel's mind in order to expel Gadreel. However, the only person who knows how to do that is Crowley.
- “First Born” - Crowley, who wants to reclaim his place as king of hell, seeks Dean's help to find the "First Blade," the only blade that can kill Abbadon. Unfortunately, Cain, the first-born son, controls it. Meanwhile, Castiel tries to extract some grace from Sam to track Gadreel.
- “Sharp Teeth” - Sam and Dean visit Garth in the hospital and demand to know where he has been. Garth runs away and the guys investigate why he fled and are stunned by what they uncover.
- “The Purge” - Sam and Dean work undercover at a spa to investigate murders in which the victims were hundreds of pounds lighter after their deaths. All of the victims attended the spa for weight loss; and the brothers suspect that witches are to blame.
- “Captives” - Sam and Dean are shocked to discover that the Men of Letters' bunker is haunted. Their investigation leads them to a storage facility where the demons are keeping a prize possession. Meanwhile, Castiel is captured by Bartholomew.
- “#THINMAN” - Sam and Dean investigate a girl's death that may be linked to a ghost. Their probe leads them to encounter Harry and Ed, two famous supernaturalists, who are also on the case.
- “Blade Runners” - Sam and Dean get help from a former member of the Men of Letters to locate the First Blade, after Crowley falls off the wagon and starts injecting himself with human blood. To make matters worse, a demon betrays Crowley and tells Abaddon that the Winchesters are searching for the First Blade.
- “Mother’s Little Helper” - Sam visits a town where ordinary people are turning into violent murderers. His investigation reveals that the Men of Letters came to the town in 1958. Meanwhile, Dean struggles with effects from the Mark of Cain and is tested by Crowley.
- “Meta Fiction” - Metatron tries to get Castiel to join forces with him. Meanwhile, Sam and Dean capture Gadreel.
- “Alex Annie Alexis Ann” - Sheriff Mills tries to save a girl from a family of vampires who are using her as bait to lure in humans they can feed on.
- “Bloodlines” - Sam and Dean look into monster families that are running Chicago's underbelly, including a clan of shape-shifters and a group of werewolves. Meanwhile, they meet someone who holds a personal grudge against the creatures.
- “King of the Damned” - Abaddon demands that Crowley help her kill Sam and Dean. When he refuses, she reveals a shocking bargaining chip to change his mind. Meanwhile, Castiel captures one of Metatron's angels, and gets Sam and Dean to help him with the interrogation.
- “Stairway to Heaven” - Tessa the Reaper returns and leads a conspiracy against Castiel's angel followers. Meanwhile, Dean is eager to use the First Blade when the angels are attacked, but Sam worries about the cost to his brother whenever he uses it.
- “Do You Believe in Miracles” - Season 9 ends with Dean feeling the effects of the First Blade. Meanwhile, Metatron makes his move against humanity, as Sam, Dean and Castiel try to stop him.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Mark Sheppard as Crowley
- Tahmoh Penikett as Gadreel
- Curtis Armstrong as Metatron
- Alaina Huffman as Abaddon
- Osric Chau as Kevin Tran
- Erica Carroll as Hannah
- Kim Rhodes as Sheriff Jody Mills
- Gil McKinney as Henry Winchester
- Adam Harrington as Bartholomew
- Lindsey McKeon as Tessa the Reaper
- Jim Beaver as Bobby Singer
- The Men of Letters Interactive Set Experience: Tour various rooms inside the bunker as 9 spellbinding featurettes reveal Men of Letters lore and other TV conjuring secrets.
o Men of Letters: The Winchester Legacy - This documentary featurette will explore the rich mythology of the Men of Letters – from its roots with the Winchester family to the hidden compound that was passed down to Sam and Dean by their grandfather.
o Designing the Men of Letters Bunker - From concept to completion, Production Designer Jerry Wanek will guide us through the creation of Supernatural's largest set.
o Supernatural - Bound by Blood: Decisions and Consequences - The documentary featurette explores the ninth season's theme of consequences for Sam and Dean.
o Crow's Nest Tour- Production Designer Jerry Wanek takes the viewer on a set tour of the Crow's Nest.
o Library Tour - Production Designer Jerry Wanek takes the viewer on a set tour of the Library.
o Lab - Production Designer Jerry Wanek takes the viewer on a set tour of the Laboratory.
o Galley - Production Designer Jerry Wanek takes the viewer on a set tour of the Kitchen.
o Dorms - Production Designer Jerry Wanek takes the viewer on a set tour of the Dormitories.
o Room 7B - Production Designer Jerry Wanek takes the viewer on a set tour of the Dungeon.
- 2013 Comic-Con Panel - Cast and producers preview Season 9's storylines and character arcs.
- 3 Episode Commentaries:
o Audio Commentary – "Blade Runners" - With actor Mark A. Sheppard and writing team Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner.
o Audio Commentary – "Mother's Little Helper" - Writer/EP Adam Glass and Director/actor Misha Collins provide commentary on his directorial debut.
o Audio Commentary (920 "Bloodlines") - EP Jeremy Carver, Director/EP Bob Singer, and Writer/EP Andrew Dabb provide commentary on the backdoor pilot Supernatural: Bloodlines.
- Behind the Scenes of Supernatural: A Fan's Perspective: One lucky fan gets a revealing look at what really happens on set.
- Unaired Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Walmart - Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season DVD with $5 VUDU offer.
- Best Buy - Save 15% when you purchase 2 or save 25% when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up. Offer valid 8/10/14 - 9/27/14.
- Target - Buy Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season DVD and get $5 credit at TargetTicket.com.
Walmart exclusive DVD with $5 VUDU offer - $39.96
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.