Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy winners Damian Lewis and Claire Danes return in Showtime’s enthralling drama series Homeland: The Complete Third Season. Developed by Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, the series is loosely based on the Israeli television series Hatufim (Prisoners of War) created by Gideon Raff. The rest of the powerful cast includes Mandy Patinkin, Rupert Friend, Morena Baccarin, Jackson Pace, Morgan Saylor, Sarita Choudhury, Tracy Letts and F. Murray Abraham.
In the third season, Carrie and Saul search for the truth behind the bombing of the CIA headquarters while Brody hides in Caracas, Venezuela, still a wanted fugitive accused of being the “Langley Bomber.” As Senator Lockhart grills Carrie and Saul about the incident, the CIA tries to lure the main perpetrator, senior Iranian intelligence officer Majid Javadi, and turn him into an asset. When Saul goes to retrieve Brody, he is recruited for a dangerous mission that could offer him a chance at redemption. Brody is tasked to go to Iran and assassinate Danesh Akbari, the head of the Revolutionary Guard. However Brody becomes the target when the plan unravels and he must put his life in Carrie’s hand -- leading to one of the most suspenseful and shocking season finales in TV history.
Special features include deleted scenes, commentary on the season finale “The Star,” and featurettes: “Homeland Season Three: The Tower of David - Filming in Puerto Rico” and “The Last Days: Filming the Season Finale.”
Homeland received two Primetime Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for Claire Danes and Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for Mandy Patinkin.
Homeland: Season 4 premieres on Showtime on Sunday, October 5, 2014 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- “Tin Man Is Down” - Season 3 begins with Brody remaining at large, while Carrie is called to testify before a senate committee investigating the terrorist bombing in Washington, D.C. Meanwhile, Saul takes command at the CIA; and the Brody family deal with a tragic occurrence.
- “Uh… Oh… Ah…” - Saul attempts to track down those responsible for the Langley attack and recruits an unlikely expert to follow the money trail. Meanwhile, Quinn takes matters into his own hands; Carrie learns who is really on her side; and the Brody family turn to therapy to mend their broken household.
- “Tower of David” - Brody returns to his faith for guidance in an unexpected way when he finds himself facing increasingly desperate straits. Back in the U.S., Carrie struggles to connect with Saul when a mysterious man offers to help her but at a significant cost.
- “Game On” - Carrie meets a new client over breakfast and learns that the crippled CIA can still exercise power when needed. Meanwhile, Dana runs away and Jessica seeks the police's help in finding her; and Saul follows the money trail to an unexpected location.
- “The Yoga Play” - A mysterious man enters the country at the U.S.-Canadian border; Carrie puts her mission on the line to do a risky favor; Saul is forced to socialize with his adversary, Sen. Lockhart, on an elite hunting trip; Dana makes a shocking discovery that could end her getaway for good.
- “Still Positive” - Carrie turns the tables on the mastermind of the Langley bombing and recruits one of Iran's most powerful operatives. Meanwhile, Saul struggles to keep an intrusive Sen. Lockhart at bay; and Dana makes a radical decision that changes her family forever.
- “Gerontion” - With his old adversary in custody, Saul makes the gamble of his career. Meanwhile, Carrie and Quinn scramble to contain a local police investigation; and Mira comes to a crossroad in her marriage.
- “A Red Wheel Barrow” - Carrie and Quinn pursue a key suspect in the Langley bombing; Saul faces political backlash; Fara discovers the high toll that an intelligence job can take; the Brody family receive startling news.
- “One Last Time” - Carrie reunites with Brody, but the circumstances are more difficult than either of them imagined. Meanwhile, Saul gets a win from an unlikely source; and Dana struggles with her new life away from home.
- “Good Night” - Brody embarks on a high-stakes mission, but his fragile condition threatens the operation. Meanwhile, Quinn makes an uncomfortable discovery about Carrie; and Fara is forced to rejoin the team due to a sudden crisis.
- “Big Man in Tehran” - Brody's loyalty to the mission wavers when he meets a ghost from his past. Meanwhile, Lockhart's confirmation looms; and Saul stares into the precipice between success and failure.
- “The Star” - Season 3 ends with security forces closing in on Carrie and Brody, and Brody struggling to find redemption. Meanwhile, Saul plans a last-ditch rescue mission.
- Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison
- Damian Lewis as Nicholas Brody
- Rupert Friend as Peter Quinn
- Morena Baccarin as Jessica Brody
- Jackson Pace as Chris Brody
- Morgan Saylor as Dana Brody
- Sarita Choudhury as Mira Berenson
- Tracy Letts as Senator Andrew Lockhart
- F. Murray Abraham as Dar Adal
- Mandy Patinkin as Saul Berenson
- Nazanin Boniadi as Fara Sherazi
- Shaun Toub as Majid Javadi
- William Abadie as Alan Bernard
- Tim Guinee as Scott Ryan
- James Rebhorn as Frank Mathison
- Sam Underwood as Leo Carras
- Homeland Season Three: The Tower of David - Filming in Puerto Rico
- The Last Days: Filming the Season Finale
- Commentary on Season Finale Episode "The Star"
- Deleted Scenes
- Best Buy - Save 15% when you purchase 2 or save 25% when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up. Offer valid 8/10/14 - 9/27/14.
- Target - Buy Homeland: The Complete Third Season DVD and get $5 credit at TargetTicket.com.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.