The five-time Primetime Emmy Award nominee Amy Poehler is back in Parks and Recreation: Season Five. Alongside her are Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Jim O'Heir, Retta, Adam Scott and Rob Lowe. Guest stars include Lucy Lawless, former star of Xena: Warrior Princess, Jason Schwartzman, Patton Oswalt, Vice-President Joe Biden and Senators John McCain, Barbara Boxer and Olympia Snowe.
In this season, big changes are ahead for newly elected City Councilwoman Leslie Knope. While Ben and April off to their new jobs in Washington, D.C., Leslie learns that city politics is nothing like the Parks department. While she deals with the devil, in the form of Councilman Jamm, she tackles issues such as saving a local mini-golf park and fixing Pawnee's quaint but ridiculously outdated laws. Meanwhile Andy gets ready to go for his police entrance exam and Ron has a new love interest, played by Lucy Lawless. As Leslie and Ben try to plan their wedding amidst all the usual chaos, their friends Ann and Chris make a big life decision and prepare to have a baby together. Created by Primetime Emmy Award-winning executive producers Greg Daniels and Michael Schur, the fifth season of Parks and Recreation is hilariously entertaining.
Special features include deleted scenes, a gag reel, Andy D.C. webisodes, Washington, D.C. promos, Ron Bacon PSA, Mouserat – “Menaceball” video, Parks and Recreation promos and "Patton Sci-Fi Filibuster."
Parks and Recreation: Season 6 premieres on NBC on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 8/7c.
- Enter here for a chance to win The Ultimate Life prize pack (includes The Ultimate Gift DVD, The Ultimate Gift book by Jim Stovall, The Ultimate Gift charm bracelet and The Ultimate Life leather-bound journal). - Expires 9/6/13
- Enter here for a chance to win a free copy of Bounty Killer on DVD. - Expires 9/15/13
- “Ms. Knope Goes to Washington” - Leslie and Andy visit Ben and April at their new jobs in Washington D.C., and Leslie feels overwhelmed by the city -- especially after meeting two of her idols. Meanwhile, Ron throws a "thank you" barbeque for the entire Parks and Recreation staff.
- “Soda Tax” - Leslie engages on her first mission as city councilor: passing a city-wide tax on giant sodas. Chris helps Andy get in shape to prepare for his police entrance exam. Meanwhile, Ben struggles to connect with the interns in his office.
- “How a Bill Becomes a Law” - Leslie negotiates with her fellow councilmen to pass a new law extending the community pool hours. When Chris comes up with a new idea to solve people's problems around the city, Ron finds himself filling a pothole for a local mom. Meanwhile, Ben and April decide to take a road trip to visit Leslie and Andy.
- “Sex Education” - An STD outbreak amongst Pawnee seniors prompts Leslie to conduct a sex education class. Meanwhile, Ron helps Tom adjust to life without technology after his gadgets are taken away, and Ben and April meet Congressman Murray for the first time.
- “Halloween Surprise” - A new job offer for Ben causes Leslie to contemplates their future. Meanwhile, Ron and Andy take Diane's girls out trick-or-treating, and Tom searches for a new business idea.
- “Ben’s Parents” - After being warned about Ben's divorced parents, Leslie gets nervous as she prepares to meet them. With the help of Jean-Ralphio, Tom prepares to pitch his new business to Ron. Meanwhile, Chris rides an emotional rollercoaster.
- “Leslie vs. April” - Leslie gets upset when April tries to get Lot 48 made into a dog park. Meanwhile, Tom enlists Ben’s help as he tries to launch his new business venture, and Andy hones his crime scene investigation skills.
- “Pawnee Commons” - Leslie makes a public appeal for park design suggestions, but becomes suspicious when the best design comes from an architect in Eagleton. Tom enlists the help of the office as he sets up his new "Rent a-Swag" business, while Andy finds a way to make his new security guard job exciting.
- “Ron and Diane” - Ron, Diane, and Leslie attend a wood-working awards dinner, after one of Ron's handcrafted chairs is nominated, but the happy occasion is threatened by the arrival of Tammy II. Meanwhile, Jerry hosts a holiday party at his home with his wife , and some of his friends are shocked to find they were not invited.
- “Two Parties” - Ann throws a bachelorette party for Leslie but her plans are derailed when Councilman Jamm interferes. Chris throws a game night at Ben's but things take a turn when he realizes none of the guys ever had their own bachelor parties.
- “Women in Garbage” - In order to get more women hired in government, Leslie and April handle a garbage route. Meanwhile, to help his growing business, Tom enlists the help of Andy and Ben to teach him about basketball, and Ron is left to watch Diane's kids while their babysitter is out of town.
- “Ann’s Decision” - After several unsuccessful relationships Ann makes a dramatic life decision. Ben enlists the help of Chris, Tom and Ron to choose a caterer for the wedding, while April has to handle one of Leslie's usual tasks.
- “Emergency Response” - Leslie and Ben organize a black tie gala to raise money for their park, but their plans are derailed when a city-wide emergency response drill is called. Meanwhile, Andy prepares to take his Police Academy Exam and Ron fills in for Leslie on Pawnee Today.
- “Leslie and Ben” - Leslie and Ben are getting married at the gala, and have to cram months of planning into two hours, while Councilman Jamm once again threatens everyone's happiness.
- “Correspondents’ Lunch” - Leslie is excited about giving a humorous speech at a local luncheon, but when an obnoxious tabloid reporter steals her jokes, she sets out to get revenge. Ben is unsure how to handle his new job running a charity for the Sweetums company, until some sound ideas from Andy help him set a new course. Ann continues her quest to find someone to have a baby with.
- “Bailout” - Leslie tries to help a local video store stay in business after the owner is hit by the bad economy. Chris tries to give Tom some fatherly advice in dealing with a difficult employee, while Ann blackmails April into being her friend.
- “Partridge” - Leslie and Ben travel back to his hometown of Partridge, MN to accept the key to the city. Ron gets served a lawsuit from councilman Jamm, while Ann and Chris take a compatible parenting quiz.
- “Animal Control” - Leslie decides to give the Animal Control Department a much-needed makeover. Ann tries to get Ron the medical attention he needs, while Ben, Tom and Andy recruit donors for their charity foundation.
- “Article Two” - Leslie works to get rid of outdated laws from the original town charter that no longer make sense. Chris gives April and Ron management training, while Ann and Ben get in a bidding war over a present for Leslie.
- “Jerry’s Retirement” - When Leslie finds out Jerry is retiring, she struggles with the proper way to commemorate the occasion. Chris and Ann prepare to have a baby together, while Tom worries he will become the office punching bag once Jerry leaves.
- “Swing Vote” - Leslie gets upset when Ron submits budget cut proposals getting rid of the local mini golf course. Andy and Ben celebrate a big donation made to their charity, while, Ann helps Tom with his girlfriend troubles.
- “Are You Better Off?” - Leslie celebrates her first year as a city councilor. A surprise discovery leads Andy to call the only man he knows who can help with the investigation: retired Special Agent Burt Macklin. Meanwhile, April gets some life-changing news, and Tom debates a big business opportunity.
- Amy Poehler as Leslie Knope
- Rashida Jones as Ann Perkins
- Aziz Ansari as Tom Haverford
- Nick Offerman as Ron Swanson
- Aubrey Plaza as April Ludgate
- Chris Pratt as Andy Dwyer
- Adam Scott as Ben Wyatt
- Rob Lowe as Chris Traeger
- Jim O'Heir as Jerry Gergich
- Retta as Donna Meagle
- Deleted Scenes
- Andy D.C. Webisodes
- Washington, D.C. Promos
- Ron Bacon PSA
- Mouserat – “Menaceball” Video
- Parks and Recreation Promos
- Gag Reel
- Patton Sci-Fi Filibuster
- Best Buy -
o Save $10 instantly when you purchase Parks and Recreation: Season Five on DVD and The Office: Season Nine on DVD or Blu-ray.
o Get 500 Reward Zone bonus points when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray or get 1250 Reward Zone bonus points when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray in-store.
o Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up online.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.