The best team of FBI’s criminal profilers is back in Criminal Minds: Season 8. Doing one of the toughest jobs, they analyze the country’s most twisted criminals and try to anticipate their next moves to capture them before these demented individuals can strike again. In this season, the BAU welcomes linguistics specialist Alex Blake to the team after Emily Prentiss’ departure. On Alex’ first case, the team travels to Texas after an old unsub known as “The Silencer” escapes during a prisoner transfer and new victims are found with their mouths sewn shut. In their subsequent cases, the BAU travels to the West Coast where they find two unsubs working together in a deadly pact, and then they search in New Mexico for someone who is amputating limbs. When four men go missing in rural Oregon, the team struggles to find a the common link. After burned bodies of homeless people begin to show up by the famous Santa Monica Pier, Rossi reconnects with his former Marine sergeant. Meanwhile, Reid's personal and professional life collide as he becomes romantically attached to a scientist whom he only speaks to over the phone, but she may be harboring a dark secret. In the season finale, the team’s lives are in danger when the unsub known as “The Replicator,” zeroes in on the BAU after stalking them the whole season. As he targets one team member at a time, the stakes grow higher as they try to figure out his endgame.
Special features include behind-the-scenes featurettes, deleted scenes and a gag reel.
Criminal Minds: Season 9 premieres on CBS on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 9/8c.
- Enter here for a chance to win The Ultimate Life prize pack (includes The Ultimate Gift DVD, The Ultimate Gift book by Jim Stovall, The Ultimate Gift charm bracelet and The Ultimate Life leather-bound journal). - Expires 9/6/13
- Enter here for a chance to win a free copy of Bounty Killer on DVD. - Expires 9/15/13
- "The Silencer" - In the eighth season premiere, the BAU acquaints itself with a new team member, and reacquaints itself with an old unsub. After a Texas inmate known as the "Silencer" escapes custody during a prisoner transfer, the team tracks his activity by his new victims -- all found with their mouths sewn shut. Also, Alex Blake joins the team, adding her linguistics skills to the unit's skill set.
- "The Pact" - The BAU is called to two crime scenes in Los Angeles and San Diego. Although the murders appear unrelated, the team's profile posits two unsubs working together in a deadly pact.
- "Through the Looking Glass" - The team investigates one family's murder and another's disappearance in Kansas, where they have trouble establishing connections between the families. Elsewhere, Hotchner is not prepared for Beth's announcement.
- "God Complex" - The team searches in New Mexico for someone who has been amputating limbs from random victims, and Spencer's secret phone calls to a mystery woman leave the team interested in who it might be.
- "The Good Earth" - Four men go missing in rural Oregon, so the BAU searches for a common link among them in order to track them down and find out what happened. Also, JJ gets upset when Henry doesn't want to celebrate Halloween.
- "The Apprenticeship" - Prostitutes are being discovered murdered in a similar way to animals in Miami, making the BAU work fast to find an unsub whose confidence is escalating really fast; and Morgan tries to increase Spencer's athletic skills by convincing him to join the Bureau's softball team.
- "The Fallen" - The BAU travels to California when burned bodies of homeless people begin to show up by the famous Santa Monica Pier, and Rossi reconnects with his former Marine sergeant.
- "The Wheels on the Bus..." - The BAU team races against time to track down a missing school bus full of children outside of Washington, D.C.
- "Magnificent Light" - The BAU is puzzled when a well-known motivational speaker disappears. He was, after all, their preferred unsub in the murder of one of the participants in a recent conference he gave in Seattle. Now they must look elsewhere. Back at Quantico, Penelope tries to understand why Morgan won't go to a dinner for an old family friend.
- "The Lesson" - Ritualistic markings on male victim's bodies mean a special profile for the unit. Elsewhere, the possibility of meeting his mystery caller makes Reid nervous.
- "Perennials" - The team travels south to profile a quickly cycling killer whose signature matches a 30-year-old case. Meanwhile, someone analyzes data that reveals another killer is copying the BAU's closed cases.
- "Zugzwang" - When her stalker kidnaps Spencer's girlfriend, the BAU works together to find her before time runs out. But first, Spencer must come clean to the team about their relationship.
- "Magnum Opus" - Spencer tries to cope with a personal loss; meanwhile, the rest of the BAU head to San Francisco to investigate victims found in the Mission District.
- "All That Remains" - The BAU profiles an author whose daughters disappear on the same date his wife did a year ago.
- "Broken" - A case where victims have had their watches set to the wrong time sends the team to Austin, Texas. Elsewhere, the team's stalker slowly closes in on his victims.
- "Carbon Copy" - The Replicator makes his first mistake, and the team moves quickly to Philadelphia — where the victims are — to take advantage of their stalker's lapse.
- "The Gathering" - People who detailed personal milestones and intimate details of their lives on social media sites and blogs end up dead, leaving the BAU a whole digital world to profile. Back in D.C., Garcia's attraction to someone new sparks Kevin's jealousy.
- "Restoration" - Middle-aged men are being targeted in Morgan's old neighborhood in Chicago. A lead makes Morgan believe the BAU is after someone associated with Carl Buford, the man who molested Derek as a child.
- "Pay It Forward" - A Colorado town celebrates the quarter-century anniversary of its time capsule by opening it. The macabre contents, however, occasion a call to the BAU, rather than a pleasant trip down memory lane.
- "Alchemy" - The murder of two men in Rapid City, South Dakota, means a trip to the Black Hills for the team. Their profile is confounded by the ritualistic manner of the kills, though, and difficulty narrowing down a trigger from different environmental causes in the area. Meanwhile, Reid presses on with his duties while still coping with Maeve's death.
- "Nanny Dearest" - A kidnapper who target nannies and the children they mind annually sends the team to Los Angeles to profile the unsub.
- "#6" - The team must stay fluid with an unsub who changes his pattern with each strike made in Detroit. Elsewhere, Blake faces a big decision when her husband returns to her life with a major career plan for her.
- "Brothers Hotchner" - When a number of ecstasy overdoses in Manhattan show a pattern, the team travels to the city for the profile. Hotchner is surprised, however, when the investigation reveals his long estranged brother is somehow involved.
- "The Replicator" - The Replicator reveals himself when he targets someone at the FBI, and the race is on to catch him before he can strike again.
- Joe Mantegna as David Rossi
- Shemar Moore as Derek Morgan
- Matthew Gray Gubler as Dr. Spencer Reid
- A. J. Cook as Jennifer "JJ" Jareau
- Kirsten Vangsness as Penelope Garcia
- Jeanne Tripplehorn as Alex Blake
- Thomas Gibson as Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner
- Jayne Atkinson as Erin Strauss
- Cade Owens as Jack Hotchner
- Josh Stewart as William "Will" LaMontagne, Jr.
- Behind-the-scenes Featurettes
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Best Buy -
o Get 500 Reward Zone bonus points when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray or get 1250 Reward Zone bonus points when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray in-store.
o Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up online.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.