Mac, Dennis, Charlie, Dee and Frank, the wildly over-the-top and inappropriate gang at Paddy's Pub, are back in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 9. In this season, the dysfunctional group of friends take their outrageous disagreements and debauchery to a whole new level -- clever cruelty and tasteless tomfoolery. When the gang is not too busy breaking Dee, they argue about gun control, desperately try to win the Best Bar Award, try to make Lethal Weapon 6 and dream of being heroes in an armed robbery (Frank hotdogs it, Charlie gets animated and Mac takes a ninja star to the neck). Their selfishness and greediness lands them in hot water and they turn around and dupe others to recoup their losses after they get scammed. Intelligence is overrated when Charlie takes a smart pill and becomes more aware of his messed-up life, while the gang come to finally appreciate dim-witted Charlie. Dennis reveals he has super-powered erections. And whoever thought the gang could not turn over a new leaf are in for a Thanksgiving surprise when they invite old foes to dinner to make amends.
Season 9 cast includes Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton, Rob McElhenney, Kaitlin Olson and Danny DeVito. Guest stars include Conan O’Brien, Peter Jacobson, Ken Davitian, Lavell Crawford, Seann William Scott, Josh Groban and Burn Gorman.
Special features include a gag reel, audio commentaries, Sweet Dee’s comedy reel, “The Invigaron Presentation,” “Lethal Weapon: Director’s Cut,” “The Gang Does 100 Episodes” and every damn take of Charlie’s theme song.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Comedy Series or a Variety Program.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 10 is set to premiere on FXX in January 2015.
- “The Gang Broke Dee” - In the Season 9 opener, finally beaten down by the gang's jokes and insults, Dee has given up defending herself. Feeling like they maybe to blame, the guys try to turn her around by encouraging her to restart her comedy career. Dennis, on the hand, tries to set her up with a loser to take her off his hands despite her surprising rising to fame.
- “Gun Fever Too: Still Hot” - As Frank goes on a media tour advocating for gun rights, the rest of the gang is split on the issue. Dee and Dennis believe there are too many guns and set out to prove how easy it is to get one. Mac and Charlie think there aren't enough and go out to provide protection for a school.
- “The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award” - The gang gets stirred up over the upcoming Best Bar Award and set out to try to win, despite never being nominated. While Dennis, Dee, and Mac emulate a successful bar, Frank and Charlie attempt to make their own contributions.
- “Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare” - The gang does their best to recoup their investments in questionable schemes by dumping their losses on Ben the soldier while trying to avoid being duped again by whatever mastermind is pulling their strings.
- “Mac Day” - For Mac's Day, everyone gets a day to do what they want while everyone else helps them out whether they want to or not.
- “The Gang Saves the Day” - The gang get caught in the middle of an armed robbery.
- “The Gang Gets Quarantined” - The flu breaks out in Philadelphia, prompting the gang to quarantine themselves.
- “Flowers for Charlie” - When an experiment successfully multiplies Charlie's intellect and takes him away from the bar, the rest of the gang find themselves struggling to complete the menial 'Charlie Work' that has kept the bar running for so long.
- “The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6” - Creative differences arise while the gang produce a movie.
- “The Gang Squashes Their Beefs” - The gang make amends with old foes in the Season 9 finale.
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Ronald "Mac" Macdonald
- Kaitlin Olson as Deandra Reynolds
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds
- Mary Elizabeth Ellis as The Waitress
- David Hornsby as Matthew "Rickety Cricket" Mara
- Artemis Pebdani as Artemis Dubois
- Jimmi Simpson as Liam McPoyle
- Nate Mooney as Ryan McPoyle
- Mary Lynn Rajskub as Gail the Snail
- Travis Schuldt as Ben the Soldier
- Roddy Piper as 'Da Maniac'
- Dave Foley as Principal MacIntyre
- Andrew Friedman as Uncle Jack
- Lance Barber as Bill Ponderosa
- Chad L. Coleman as Z
- T.J. Hoban as Rex
- Jessica Collins as Jackie Denardo
- Keith Bullard as Drug / Gun Dealer
- Shelly Desai as Hwang
- Zachary Knighton as Random Guy
- Audio Commentaries on Select Episodes
- Sweet Dee's Comedy Reel
- The Invigaron Presentation
- Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
- The Gang Does 100 Episodes
- Every Damn Take of Charlie's Theme Song
- Gag Reel
- Best Buy - Save 15% when you purchase 2 or save 25% when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up. Offer valid 8/10/14 - 9/27/14.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.