Sink your teeth into The CW’s new sexy and thrilling supernatural drama television series The Originals: The Complete First Season. Created by The Vampire Diaries’ executive producer Julie Plec, it is a spin-off which centers around the Mikaelson siblings, Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah, who return for the first time since 1919 to the magical melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans. Having built the city before being exiled a century ago, they find Klaus' diabolical former protégé Marcel has taken control of the city’s human and supernatural inhabitants. Lured back to their ancestral home by a coven of witches desperate to reclaim its power, a long-smoldering war between vampires, witches, wolves and humans soon erupts. Elijah is determined to help his dangerous vampire-werewolf hybrid brother Klaus find redemption, but is soon forced to side with Marcel’s enemies. Meanwhile, Rebekah must decide if she wants to help her brothers reclaim their hometown and all its extraordinary offerings. Blood ties are strong, but the lust for power -- and revenge -- may prove stronger. The Originals bring along caskets full of revenge, unrequired love and not-so-secret plans to reclaim the heart and soul of this thriving city.
The Originals is based in part on the character Klaus from The Vampire Diaries novels by L.J. Smith. Season One stars Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Daniella Pineda, Leah Pipes and Danielle Campbell. Joseph Morgan won the 2014 People’s Choice Award for favorite actor in a new TV series, which was also nominated for favorite new TV drama.
The DVD and Blu-ray contain all 22 one-hour episodes plus over two hours of gripping extras - including commentary, the 2013 Comic-Con panel, the 2014 PaleyFest panel, unaired scenes and three featurettes. In “The Originals: Origins,” creator Julie Plec leads us on the journey of creating The Originals and continuing through to the production of the pilot in New Orleans. In “The Originals: Re-mixing History,” the writers of The Originals will describe how they were able to blend fact with fiction, generating strong roots in New Orleans for the Mikaelson family. And “The Original Vampires: A Bite-sized Backstory” is a dynamic and stylized montage featuring key storylines and scenes of the original family; including scenes from The Vampire Diaries, this piece will depict where the Originals came from.
The Originals: Season 2 premieres on The CW on Monday, October 6, 2014 at 8/7c.
- “Always and Forever” - A spin-off of "The Vampire Diaries" focuses on the original vampire family, who return to New Orleans to reclaim the city they helped build. In the opener, Klaus meets his former protégé, Marcel, who controls the supernatural inhabitants in town; and Klaus' former flame, Hayley, falls into the hands of a powerful witch.
- “House of the Rising Son” - Rebekah arrives in New Orleans and receives some unexpected news from Hayley. When she becomes concerned that Klaus is up to no good, Rebekah seeks help from a reluctant Sophie. Meanwhile, Klaus tries to uncover Marcel's secret weapon; and Marcel enlists Davina's help to carry out his own dangerous plan.
- “Tangled Up in Blue” - Klaus and Rebekah try to unravel Marcel's empire from within in spite of Elijah's concerns. Meanwhile, Marcel hosts a huge vampire party; and Hayley learns that the supernatural creatures of New Orleans are reacting to the existence of a hybrid baby.
- “Girl in New Orleans” - Davina convinces Marcel to let her attend an annual music festival in the city; Hayley visits a mysterious doctor in the bayou and makes a shocking discovery; Klaus takes a special interest in Cami who reveals alarming information about her past; Rebekah tries to get to the bottom of a recent strange encounter involving Elijah.
- “Sinners and Saints” - Klaus becomes angry over recent events involving the safety of his unborn baby and demands answers from Sophie. Meanwhile, gruesome remains are discovered in the bayou; and Davina reveals some shocking information about the witches.
- “Fruit of the Poisoned Tree” - Klaus goes to extreme measures to protect Hayley and their unborn baby when he learns Hayley's life is being threatened. Meanwhile, Cami turns to Father Kieran for guidance; Marcel seeks advice from an old friend; and Davina tries to control her magic.
- “Bloodletting” - Hayley goes missing after someone from her past makes a startling revelation. Meanwhile, Klaus has a dangerous encounter with an unexpected visitor; Davina makes a surprising connection; and Marcel makes Rebekah an enticing offer that leaves her torn.
- “The River in Reverse” - Rebekah faces a difficult decision and turns to Father Kieran for guidance; Elijah struggles with the consequences of a recent fallout with Klaus; Hayley is drawn away by a mysterious figure who sheds light on her past; Cami discovers a cryptic message; Marcel uncovers some disturbing information about Klaus.
- “Reigning Pain in New Orleans” - A violent confrontation occurs when the human faction takes matters into its own hands. Meanwhile, Klaus opens up to Marcel about his past indiscretions; Hayley learns about a plan to harm the werewolves in the bayou; and Cami gains insight into Klaus's past.
- “The Casket Girls” - Locals prepare to celebrate the annual Casket Girls Festival in the French Quarter. Meanwhile, Davina tries to free Cami from Klaus's mind compulsion; and Hayley is forced to make a difficult decision after she receives an unexpected phone call.
- “Apres Moi, le Déluge” - Davina becomes violently ill and the repercussions affect the entire French Quarter. Meanwhile, Sophie delivers some startling information about the harvest festival and presents a drastic plan to save Davina; and Hayley, racked with guilt, confesses to Elijah about her role in Sophie's plan.
- “Dance Back From the Grave” - Marcel refuses to help Klaus when a gruesome discovery is made in the Cauldron; Rebekah uncovers the remnants of a sacrifice down by the docks and realizes it is the work of a dangerous warlock from her past; Klaus battles a powerful force with an unmatched advantage over him.
- “Crescent City” - Father Kieran encounters a witch from his past; Marcel and Rebekah fear that secrets they have kept hidden for nearly a century will be exposed; Hayley throws a party for her werewolf clan; Sophie is shocked by a discovery at the cemetery; Klaus takes drastic measures in the Cauldron that produce dangerous repercussions for everyone involved.
- “Long Way Back From Hell” - Rebekah gets locked up in a sanatorium where she worked in 1919. A witch seeks revenge against her and plans to reveal dark secrets that could destroy Rebekah if exposed. Meanwhile, Elijah makes a decision that puts Klaus and Rebekah in further danger.
- “Le Grand Guignol” - Flashbacks to 1919 focus on Klaus revealing details of the devastating secret that Rebekah and Marcel tried keeping from him. Meanwhile, Elijah forms an unlikely alliance with Monique; and Hayley holds Sabine hostage in an attempt to get information that will reverse the curse on Phoebe's werewolf clan.
- “Farewell to Storyville” - Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah become trapped in the City of the Dead cemetery by a witch's boundary spell. Klaus and Rebekah trade angry accusations until Elijah reveals a dark secret from the family's past. Meanwhile, Marcel races to free Rebekah but he has to make a deal with Genevieve.
- “Moon Over Bourbon Street” - Elijah makes a bold move to regain control over the Quarter and receives an intriguing offer of support from a beautiful woman who belongs to a powerful New Orleans family. Meanwhile, the Mikaelsons throw a lavish party in an attempt to bring the warring factions of the city together, but a vicious fight threatens the evening.
- “The Big Uneasy” - Genevieve asks Elijah to allow her coven to publicly celebrate a traditional feast day, where members of the community offer the witches gifts in return for blessings. Meanwhile, Elijah makes plans to restore his home to its former glory; and Klaus sends Cary, a werewolf from his own line, to find a missing piece of family history.
- “An Unblinking Death” - Cami's good intentions lead Kieran to a violent episode. Meanwhile, Elijah and Klaus disagree over how to handle the Crescent Wolves. Elijah travels to the bayou and witnesses a horrific explosion that only adds to the hatred among the communities. Later, Hayley learns a surprising piece of her family history from Marcel.
- “A Closer Walk With Thee” - Hayley confronts a surprising enemy and falls into peril during a wake to honor a late member of the community. Meanwhile, Klaus suffers from nightmares about his father and is forced to examine his own troubled relationship with his adoptive son; and Marcel learns about Francesca's quest to find a mysterious key that will unlock a family secret.
- “The Battle of New Orleans” - Klaus and Elijah enact a plan that promises to alter the fates of Hayley and the werewolf community, and lead to the extermination of the French Quarter vampires. Meanwhile, Marcel rallies an army to battle the Mikaelsons and regain control of the city; and Francesca threatens Cami, who deciphers a code that leads to a surprising revelation among the city's factions.
- “From a Cradle to a Grave” - Season 1 ends with Hayley trying to protect her unborn baby from the witches. Meanwhile, Francesca meets with Oliver and Jackson to determine the future of the werewolves in New Orleans; and Davina and Cami join forces to take down Klaus, who is forced to make a heartbreaking decision.
- Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson
- Claire Holt as Rebekah Mikaelson
- Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson
- Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley Marshall
- Charles Michael Davis as Marcellus Gerard
- Daniella Pineda as Sophie Deveraux
- Leah Pipes as Camille O'Connell
- Danielle Campbell as Davina Claire
- Pilot Commentary - With Creator Julie Plec and Director Chris Grismer
- 2013 Comic-Con Panel - Executive producer Julie Plec and the cast discuss the origins of The Originals, and what you can expect in this spin-off of The Vampire Diaries.
- The Originals Panel at PaleyFest 2014 - Cast and producers discuss the creative process in these highlights from the panel at PaleyFest 2014
- The Originals: Origins - In this featurette, creator Julie Plec leads us on the journey of creating The Originals and continuing through to the production of the pilot in New Orleans.
- The Originals: Re-mixing History - In this featurette, the writers of The Originals will describe how they were able to blend fact with fiction, generating strong roots in New Orleans for the Mikaelson family.
- The Original Vampires: A Bite-sized Backstory - A dynamic and stylized montage featuring key storylines and scenes of the original family. Including scenes from The Vampire Diaries, this piece will depict where the Originals came from.
- Unaired Scenes
- Best Buy - Save 15% when you purchase 2 or save 25% when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up. Offer valid 8/10/14 - 9/27/14.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.