Emmy and Golden Globe nominee Simon Baker is back as Patrick Jane in The Mentalist: The Complete Fifth Season. Alongside him are the rest of the cast that includes Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman and Amanda Righetti. In this season Jane is one step closer to catching his nemesis, Red John -- the serial killer who murdered his family. Although Red John may still be at large, the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has captured one of his close accomplices Lorelei Martins. As Jane tries to get information about Red John out of her, the former faux-psychic continues to consult for the CBI -- helping them solve another season of perplexing cases using his razor-sharp skills of observation and psychological manipulation. As Jane’s obsessed hunt for Red John begins to consume his every waking moment, he is drawn outside the law and closer than ever to the serial killer’s true identity. Just when Jane finally narrows down the suspect list to seven, Red John kills again and this time the victim has a connection to Jane’s past.
Bonus features include two featurettes. In “The Artistry of Action: From Script to Screen,” Bruno Heller and Chris Long introduce the people, planning and prudence that goes into filming every stunt sequence, from a high-impact car crash designed and directed by Simon Baker, to a meticulously choreographed high-speed car chase with Tim Kang and Owain Yeoman. In “Arresting Excitement: Keeping it Real with the CBI,” Tim Kang and Owain Yeoman are put through their paces by Stunt Coordinator Kevin Derr and Police Technical Advisor Karl Sonnenberg to reveal the effort and integrity that infuses the show’s action beats and trains the actors to “think like cops.”
The Mentalist: Season Six premieres on CBS on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 10/9c.
- "The Crimson Ticket" - While Jane searches for Lorelei's connection to Red John, the CBI team - aided by the FBI - tackles the murder of a hotel employee.
- "Devil's Cherry" - A girl who claims to be his late daughter, Charlotte, distracts Jane during the investigation of a murdered diamond cutter.
- "Not One Red Cent" - Jane the CBI team are trying to find the killer of a bank employee, who was murdered during a heist. Lisbon is pulled deeper into the rivalry between the CBI and the FBI.
- "Blood Feud" - The team must find out if a long-standing gang war is the reason Rigsby's father is found injured at a crime scene.
- "Red Dawn" - In the 100th episode we go back to see how Lisbon and the team first met Jane.
- "Cherry Picked" - Jane continues his search for Lorelei while the team is investigating a confusing case of a kidnapped couple.
- "If It Bleeds, It Leads" - Jane insists on pursuing his own leads to find Lorelei as the team investigates the murder of a reporter.
- "Red Sails in the Sunset" - Jane enlists the help of Brett Stiles in order to orchestrate an elaborate plan to break Lorelei out of jail in the hopes she'll lead him to Red John.
- "Black Cherry" - The CBI looks into the murder of a former gang member turned real estate agent. Jane continues his quest for Red John.
- "Panama Red" - The team's investigation of a murdered botanist brings them into the world of medical marijuana. Cho runs into Summer while working with the rapid response team.
- "Days of Wine and Roses" - The team investigate the murder of a young model at an expensive rehab center and Lisbon continues looking into Tom Volker's activities.
- "Little Red Corvette" - Lisbon believes that the death of a geologist is the key to bringing down Tommy Volker.
- "The Red Barn" - The CBI work a 25-year-old case which is connected to Visualize and Red John. Lisbon also thinks about her future after the arrest of Tommy Volker.
- "Red in Tooth and Claw" - The CBI investigates in a case involving academia and a graduate student at a natural history museum to see if these students are into more than just academics.
- "Red Lacquer Nail Polish" - The CBI investigate the murder of an elderly heiress in her spooky mansion.
- "There Will Be Blood" - When Lorelei returns to figure out Red John's role in her sister's death, Jane must tell Lisbon how he helped her escape from prison.
- "Red, White and Blue" - The body of an army medic who dealt with PTSD patients is investigated by the CBI team.
- "Behind the Red Curtain" - When the lead in the local theater production dies, the CBI is called on to investigate. Jane is determined to question comatose Jason Lennon about Red John.
- "Red Letter Day" - The CBI investigate when the owner of a wild west tourist town is found dead. Agent Kirkland attempts to discover just how much Jane knows about Red John.
- "Red Velvet Cupcakes" - When a woman dies after talking with a radio love doctor, Rigsby and Van Pelt are sent undercover to investigate. Posing as a couple with relationship problems may do more than just shed light on the case.
- "Red and Itchy" - When J.J. LaRoche's mysterious container is stolen from his home, he asks Jane for his help.
- "Red John's Rules" - Red John kills again just as Jane narrows down the suspect list to seven and the victim has a connection to Jane's past.
- Simon Baker as Patrick Jane
- Robin Tunney as Teresa Lisbon
- Tim Kang as Kimball Cho
- Owain Yeoman as Wayne Rigsby
- Amanda Righetti as Grace Van Pelt
- Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lorelei Martins
- Polly Walker as FBI Regional Director Alexa Shultz
- Kevin Corrigan as Homeland Security Agent Bob Kirkland
- Ivan Sergei as FBI Agent Gabe Mancini
- Drew Powell as FBI Agent Reede Smith
- Henry Ian Cusick as Thomas Volker
- Michael Gaston as Gale Bertram
- William Forsythe as Steve Rigsby
- Samaire Armstrong as Summer Edgecombe
- Malcolm McDowell as Brett Stiles
- Gregory Itzin as Virgil Minelli
- Jack Plotnick as Brett Partridge
- Reed Diamond as Ray Haffner
- Dove Cameron as Charlotte Anne Jane
- Jillian Bach as Sarah Harrigan
- Eddie McClintock as Sgt. Hawkins
- Pruitt Taylor Vince as J. J. LaRoche
- The Artistry of Action: From Script to Screen – Bruno Heller and Chris Long introduce the people, planning and prudence that goes into filming every stunt sequence, from a high-impact car crash designed and directed by Simon Baker, to a meticulously choreographed high-speed car chase with Tim Kang and Owain Yeoman.
- Arresting Excitement: Keeping it Real with the CBI – Tim Kang and Owain Yeoman are put through their paces by Stunt Coordinator Kevin Derr and Police Technical Advisor Karl Sonnenberg to reveal the effort and integrity that infuses the show’s action beats and trains the actors to “think like cops.”
- Best Buy -
o In-store offer only: Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on same receipt to receive gift card.
o Online only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.