From Emmy Award-winning executive producer Dick Wolf of Law & Order comes the first season of NBC’s compelling hit drama series Chicago Fire. It features a hot, young cast that includes Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Charlie Barnett, Monica Raymund and Lauren German, plus guest stars such as Treat Williams, Sarah Shahi and Shiri Appleby.
Chicago Fire follows the adventures of the men and women of Firehouse 51, taking an up-close and personal view into the lives of these everyday heroes -- the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics. When a fire claims one of their own, Fireman Andy Darden, the firehouse is shaken to its core. Lt. Matthew Casey of Truck 81 and Lt. Kelly Severide of the Rescue Squad butt heads as each blames the other for their fallen team member. Consumed by guilt, the firehouse struggles to continue their daily duties as loyalties fracture and divide. When the firehouse nearly loses another firefighter, Christopher Herrmann, they finally come together once again. As their actions make the difference between life and death, they must look to each other like family, making sure to have each other’s back no matter what happens.
Bonus features include Otis’ podcasts about life as a firefighter and a behind-the-scenes featurette containing interviews with the directors and cast, plus an insider’s look at how Chicago Fire films water rescues, creates plane crashes, explosions and more.
Chicago Fire: Season 2 premieres on NBC on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10/9c.
- “Pilot” - When a fire claims one of their own, there's plenty of guilt and blame to go around. Lt. Matthew Casey, in charge of the Truck, tries to carry on, but butts heads with the brash Lt. Kelly Severide of the Rescue Squad - and each blames the other for their fallen team member. Adding to the turmoil, Casey, unbeknownst to his colleagues, is in the midst of a separation from Hallie. The firehouse also includes: Battalion Chief Wallace Boden, a fireman's fireman who is confronted by important personal decisions; paramedics Gabriela Dawson and Leslie Shay, who share a close bond and team together to face some of the most harrowing situations imaginable; Peter Mills, an academy graduate who is the latest generation in a family of firefighters; and Christopher Herrmann, a seasoned veteran who loses his home to foreclosure and now must uproot his family to move in with his in-laws.
- “Mon Amour” - Severide is hiding a serious shoulder injury sustained in the fire that killed Andy Darden, and grapples with his guilt as he fights to rescue a construction worker trapped in a building collapse. Adding to the burden, Darden's wife Heather turns on Severide at the annual firefighters' barbecue, blaming him for her husband's death. A call is made to an accident site at Hancock Tower, where two teenagers are pinned in a vehicle trapped beneath the falling debris of a broken window washer's cart. Meanwhile, Casey and Hallie work to figure out their future together.
- “Professional Courtesy” - When the drunk driver who hits a car and paralyzes a 16-year-old boy turns out to be the son of a dirty cop, Lieutenant Casey must decide whether or not to turn him in. Facing pressure and subsequent threats from the powerful and well-connected Detective Voight, Casey decides to tell the truth, inviting a stand-off. Additionally, Severide, who's fighting off the advances of the Chief's new assistant, learns he has a fractured vertebra in his neck that may never heal if he doesn't get treated, but ignores the doctor's advice so he can continue working. Meanwhile, Mills is torn between helping his mother at her restaurant and devoting himself full-time to the fire department, like his father did.
- “One Minute” - Chief Boden is accused of leaving a homeless man to die in a warehouse fire after ordering his men to evacuate the scene, creating negative press and bad feeling within the department. Meanwhile, Lieutenant Severide helps an elderly woman facing some neighborhood problems. Detective Voight ramps up his intimidation tactics aimed at Casey in an attempt to discourage him from testifying against his son. Shay is forced to revisit her heartbreak over her ex-girlfriend Clarice, when she finds herself face-to-face with the ex and her husband during a call. Herrmann's temper flares during a rescue call at a Halloween block party.
- “Hanging On” - Casey confronts Detective Voight about his harassing tactics, vowing never to back down, and ends up paying the price for his decision. Dawson faces disciplinary action for her on-the-job conduct. Meanwhile, Severide finds his arm failing him during a rescue at a construction accident, and reaches out to Anna, an old flame and pharmaceutical rep, hoping she might be able to help alleviate his injury problems.
- “Rear View Mirror” - Facing suspension, Dawson gets a hand from the same girl she saved through the procedures that landed her in front of the disciplinary board. Lieutenant Casey finds his fuse shortening as Detective Voight stops at nothing to get him to retract his statement. However, when Casey lays his life on the line during an apartment fire, he may have unknowingly caught the break he was needing.
- “Two Families” - Everyone in the firehouse is ordered to take a drug test after a call to a daycare center exposes them to a makeshift meth lab, and Severide stalls, not wanting his injury, or the painkillers he takes, to be discovered. Meanwhile, Truck and Squad find themselves pinned down by gunfire while trying to help the victim of a gang shooting, and a deep-fried turkey fire grows from small to explosive when a garage catches fire. Elsewhere, Dawson saves a bleeding man and Casey delivers a baby on the scene of a massive car pileup on the freeway.
- “Leaving the Station” - At the site of a train accident, Peter Mills becomes deeply upset when he observes the dead body of a young victim. Unable to shake his emotional distress about the event, he questions his future as a firefighter. Dawson and Shay save a 6-year-old girl whose mother is abusing her - but their confrontation leads the woman to resort to dire actions. Meanwhile, Severide aggravates his injury while rescuing a heart attack victim and Shay sends Clarice, her married, pregnant ex-girlfriend, back home to her husband.
- “It Ain’t Easy” - After he's injured in a terrible fire at an auto machine shop, Jose Vargas is forced to go on disability and leave his life as a firefighter behind - a task he finds incredibly difficult. Chief Boden tries to help a suspected teenage firebug. Also, Severide receives an enticing invitation from Renee, a woman who he saved from a car crash incident involving live electrical wires. Meanwhile, Cruz tries to save his younger brother Leon from the gang he is involved with.
- “Merry Christmas, Etc.” - After putting out a kitchen fire in an upscale townhouse, Casey, Herrmann, Mouch, Cruz, Otis and Mills find themselves accused of stealing a $50,000 diamond necklace from the home, touching off an internal investigation. Cruz’s brother Leon is caught in the middle of an escalating gang war, leaving Cruz to make a desperate choice to save him. Meanwhile, Dawson invites Casey to her cousin’s fancy Christmas party, and a frustrated Shay has reached her limit with Severide.
- “God Has Spoken” - Eaten up by his guilt over Flaco’s death in the fire, Cruz goes to Casey to confess. While Shay recovers from a head injury sustained in the ambulance crash, Severide asks Dawson for her help in dealing with his own injury. Casey is caught in the middle of a family conflict between his mother and sister. Elsewhere, Herrmann finds a business deal hard to stomach.
- “Under the Knife” - Severide finally addresses Chief Boden about his injury and makes some important personal decisions about his future. Meanwhile, Casey struggles with family matters and Dawson takes matters into her own hands when she discovers a young girl who is the sole survivor at the scene of a rescue call.
- “Warm and Dead” - Firehouse 51 is rocked by the events that lead to a surprising death. Meanwhile, Severide makes an unexpected move towards his future.
- “A Little Taste” - Severide finds that he shares a familiar past with Eric Whaley, the Lieutenant who was brought into the firehouse to help out. Dawson lets Shay in on her secret, while Casey deals with family issues. Meanwhile, a bad batch of heroin on the streets has Boden and the team scrambling, while Clarice and Shay find they have a new problem to overcome.
- “Nazdarovya!” - awson attempts to help her brother Antonio unravel the details of his drugs-and-gang investigation, and goes behind his back in turning to an unlikely source for assistance. Casey and his mother, Nancy struggle with their new relationship. Meanwhile, as a favor to Lieutenant Whaley, Severide visits someone important from his past, while Herrmann and Otis learn some hard truths about their "silent partner" in the bar.
- “Viral” - The anguish that haunts Cruz over his previous actions boils over, as he puts himself and his fellow firefighters in jeopardy. Casey and his sister Christie try to solve their issues with their mother and each other. Meanwhile, Severide reaches out again to an important person from his past as a favor to Lieutenant Whaley and the squad gains new perspective after assisting the bomb squad on an extremely dangerous call.
- “Better to Lie” - Old emotional wounds are opened when Lieutenant Severide’s father Bennie comes to town and clashes with Chief Boden over the death of their former colleague. Mills helps a distraught driver who caused an accident and Shay makes a decision about her future with Clarice. Meanwhile, Herrmann, Otis and Dawson get to the bottom of a mystery about their bar.
- “Fireworks” - With tensions still running high between Chief Boden and Bennie Severide, things boil over when Mills confronts Bennie about the fire that killed his father. Meanwhile, Severide, Casey and Bennie uncover the truth behind two mysterious diner fires and Shay takes a new direction with her plan to have a baby.
- “A Coffin That Small” - Tragedy strikes when a rescue attempt at a tenement building proves unsuccessful, leaving the men and women of firehouse 51 affected by the loss of the victim. Severide's decision to put Mills on the fast track to move from Truck to Squad doesn't sit well with some of the others and tension mounts between Severide and Casey over Heather Darden. Shay and Dawson are forced to deal with a junkie's crazy behavior while on a call and Shay considers a different way to have a family. Meanwhile, the team draws the ire of local drug dealers who threaten the peace and safety of the neighborhood and firehouse.
- “Ambition” - Mills finds himself the target of resentment from some colleagues when Severide supports his desire to join Squad. Tara, a paramedic candidate, joins Dawson and Shay on the job for a few shifts. Meanwhile, Shay comes to the aid of Cindy Herrmann, who suffers from pregnancy complications while her husband Christopher is out of town. Elsewhere, Dawson and Casey draw closer as the grand opening of Molly’s draws near, and Casey receives a surprise visit.
- “Retaliation Hit” - Detective Voight returns, looking to collect on the favor that Dawson owes him for helping her brother, Antonio. Casey falls back into old patterns in his personal life, while Dawson, Herrmann and Otis become the proud owners of a real neighborhood bar as Molly's prepares for its grand opening.
- “Leaders Lead” - A frustrated Severide turns to an unlikely ally to resolve his current dilemma. Casey begins to find satisfaction in his personal life, while Mills and Dawson face personal challenges. Meanwhile, the squad is called to the scene of a harrowing apartment building collapse.
- “Let Her Go” - Events force Lieutenant Casey to team up with the Intelligence Unit, now run by Voight, who doesn’t appear to have changed his crooked ways after his stint in prison. Shay’s excitement at the prospect of becoming a parent grows, while Mills and Dawson face some personal challenges. Meanwhile, the house comes together to support the opening of Molly’s.
- “A Hell of a Ride” - When a call comes in from the Cook County jail, the squad steps into a volatile predicament and are tasked with trying to defuse an escalating situation. Shay remains hopeful about her baby dreams and Herrmann’s wife Cindy goes into labor with their fifth child. Meanwhile, Mills and Dawson face key decisions in their personal lives.
- Jesse Spencer as Lieutenant Matthew Casey, Truck 81
- Taylor Kinney as Lieutenant Kelly Severide, Rescue Squad 3
- Charlie Barnett as Firefighter Candidate Peter Mills, Truck 81
- Monica Raymund as Paramedic in Charge Gabriela Dawson, Ambulance 61
- Lauren German as Paramedic Leslie Elizabeth Shay, Ambulance 61
- Eamonn Walker as 25th Battalion Chief Wallace Boden, Battalion 25
- David Eigenberg as Firefighter Christopher Herrmann, Truck 81
- Teri Reeves as Doctor Hallie Thomas
- Yuri Sardarov as Firefighter Brian "Otis" Zvonecek, Truck 81
- Christian Stolte as Firefighter Randy "Mouch" McHolland, Truck 81
- Joe Minoso as Firefighter/Chauffeur Joe Cruz, Truck 81
- Shiri Appleby as Clarice Carthage
- Jon Seda as Detective Antonio Dawson
- Kathleen Quinlan as Nancy Casey
- Sarah Shahi as Renee Royce
- Jason Beghe as Detective Hank Voight
- Mo Gallini as Firefighter Jose Vargas, Squad 3
- Treat Williams as Benny Severide
- Robyn Coffin as Cindy Herrmann
- Behind the Scenes - Go behind the scenes of Chicago Fire with interviews with the directors and cast, and featurettes providing an insider's look at how Chicago Fire films water rescues, create plane crashes, explosions, and more!
- Otis' Podcasts - The DVD features 13 podcasts from Otis (Yuri Sardarov, Argo) about life as a firefighter.
- Best Buy -
o In-store offer only: Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on same receipt to receive gift card.
o Online only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.