Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy winners Damian Lewis and Claire Danes return in Showtime’s gripping drama television series Homeland: The Complete Second Season, which won six Primetime Emmy Awards including Outstanding Drama Series and three Golden Globe Awards including Best Drama Series. Developed by Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, the series is loosely based on the Israeli television series Hatufim (Prisoners of War) created by Gideon Raff. The rest of the stellar cast includes Mandy Patinkin, Morena Baccarin, David Harewood, Diego Klattenhoff, Jamey Sheridan, David Marciano and Navid Negahban.
In the second season, Marine Sgt. Nicholas Brody is now a U.S. congressman, and former CIA agent Carrie Mathison has returned to civilian life after the dramatic events of Season 1. As Carrie makes strides toward improving her mental health, she is soon drawn into an operation that may rid the world of Abu Nazir once and for all. Brody and Carrie’s lives become intertwined once again when new evidence is found that implicates Brody’s involvement in the aborted State Department bombing. With a new potentially devastating terrorist threat emerging, Brody is coerced to help the CIA to take down Nazir or risk being exposed and sent to prison. Working together, Carrie and Brody resume their delicate dance of suspicion, deceit and desire as things spiral out of control. In the season finale, Carrie faces a pivotal decision when a massive bombing kills many and Brody gets framed by Al-Qaeda.
Special features include deleted scenes, “The Border” prologue to Season 3 and three featurettes: “Return to the Homeland: Filming in Israel,” “Damian Lewis: A Personal Video Diary” and “The Choice: The Making of the Season Finale.”
Homeland: Season 3 premieres on Showtime on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- “The Smile” - In the Season 2 premiere, Brody learns he is the political "future of the party," and receives a tantalizing offer from the vice president, while a recovering Carrie receives a disturbing request from a surprising source. In Beirut, Saul gets involved in some cloak-and-dagger doings.
- “Beirut is Back” - Carrie reluctantly returns to Beirut and an operation that might possibly spell the end of Abu Nazir; back in Washington, Brody is pressed into service by his handler, and his relationship with Jessica deteriorates. Meanwhile, Capt. Mike Faber has questions about the shooting of Elizabeth Gaines.
- “State of Independence” - The results of Carrie's Beirut mission lead her to believe that she'll be rejoining the CIA; and Brody discovers that the bomb maker is on a watch list and in imminent danger of being caught. Meanwhile, Jessica steps into the political spotlight.
- “New Car Smell” - Estes green-lights a covert mission based on intelligence gleaned from Beirut, and picks his own trusted operative to lead it; and Brody is shocked to bump into Carrie at Langley. Meanwhile, Dana and the vice president's son appear to have something in common.
- “Q&A” - Brody finds himself imprisoned again, only this time it's in the United States. Meanwhile, Carrie's rash judgment call at the hotel results in Estes trying to keep Jessica off their trail; and Dana's relationship with Finn heats up as their date night takes an unexpected turn.
- “A Gettysburg Address” - Dana's visit to the hospital proves shocking; Faber's interest in Tom Walker piques the CIA's interest; Brody agrees to team with Carrie and Quinn to prevent an attack on the U.S., but his loyalty is called to the fore when Gettysburg once again becomes a focal point of a pivotal engagement.
- “The Clearing” - In the aftermath of the ambush, Carrie and the team scramble to gain control of the operation, while Brody attends a well-heeled fund-raiser at a Virginia horse farm. Elsewhere, Saul drops in on Aileen, who is in solitary confinement, hoping she can shed some light on the latest attack; and a conflicted Dana leans on Finn to fess up to their crime.
- “I’ll Fly Away” - Brody's juggling of alliances appear to be leading him to a major meltdown, so Carrie, against Quinn's orders, stages a dicey intervention. Meanwhile, a conflicted Dana seeks comfort from an unlikely source.
- “Two Hats” - Things for Brody are threatening to spiral out of control, forcing him to make a phone call he has been avoiding; Carrie preps for a pivotal meeting; Saul teams with Virgil and Max for an assignment.
- “Broken Hearts” - Brody and Walden develop a chink in their political relationship, and it may impact their future, while Dana and Finn come to an understanding concerning their differences. Meanwhile, Carrie discovers she's not as looped in as she thought.
- “In Memoriam” - Carrie's hunt for Nazir continues, but she suspects something's amiss inside the Agency, while interrogation reveals Roya's true colors. Meanwhile, unexpected circumstances put Saul's career in jeopardy.
- “The Choice” - In the Season 2 finale, Carrie is faced with a pivotal decision, while Brody meets with Faber to contemplate the future of the family. Meanwhile, Saul undertakes a secret assignment; and Quinn has a decision to make that may prove to be a game-changer.
- Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison
- Damian Lewis as Nicholas Brody
- Mandy Patinkin as Saul Berenson
- Morena Baccarin as Jessica Brody
- David Harewood as David Estes
- Diego Klattenhoff as Mike Faber
- Jamey Sheridan as William Walden
- David Marciano as Virgil
- Navid Negahban as Abu Nazir
- Jackson Pace as Chris Brody
- Morgan Saylor as Dana Brody
- The Border: Prologue to Season 3
- Deleted Scenes
- Return to the Homeland: Filming in Israel
- Damian Lewis: A Personal Video Diary
- The Choice: The Making of the Season Finale
Check out the slideshow to see what the exclusive looks like.
- Best Buy - Homeland: The Complete Second Season on DVD and Blu-ray includes cards with collectible artwork.
- Best Buy -
o In-store offer only: Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on same receipt to receive gift card.
o Online only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.
Best Buy exclusive DVD with collectible artwork - $29.99
Best Buy exclusive Blu-ray with collectible artwork - $37.99
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.