The mind-blowing saga that began in Marvel’s The Avengers continues in ABC’s action-packed series Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season. Created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, it is based on the Marvel Comics organization S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division), a fictional espionage and law enforcement agency that deals with superhuman threats and supernatural phenomena. Season One stars Clark Gregg reprising his role as Phil Coulson and he leads an elite team of skilled agents and operatives that include Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons.
The world is forever changed in the wake of The Battle of New York. As an extraordinary landscape of wonders is revealed, the previously dead Agent Phil Coulson is mysteriously resurrected and placed in charge of an elite team of agents and operatives to protect the ordinary from the extraordinary and investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe. However, every answer they uncover leads to more tantalizing questions. While Coulson tries to figure out how he survived after apparently dying at the hands of Loki in Marvel's The Avengers, the team deal with threats from “The Clairvoyant,” Project Centipede, Deathlok and ultimately Hydra’s sinister plans after the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Skye’s puzzling origins lead to dark secrets and the team must face the most important question of all, who can be trusted?
Special features include deleted scenes, a gag reel, audio commentaries by filmmakers and cast, VFX breakdowns, five behind-the-scene field reports, “Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe” TV special and “Journey into S.D.C.C.” featurette.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Special and Visual Effects and Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 2 premieres on ABC on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 9/8c.
- “Pilot” - Agent Phil Coulson assembles a team to investigate extraordinary people and events around the world in this action-adventure series. In the premiere, the team goes after a man who has gained unusual and potentially dangerous powers.
- “0-8-4” - Coulson encounters Comandante Camilla Reyes in Peru during a trip to investigate a mysterious object.
- “The Asset” - Agent Coulson and the S.H.I.E.L.D. team spring into action after a brilliant scientist is kidnapped.
- “Eye Spy” - The agents track down a mysterious woman who has pulled off a variety of risky capers, but the investigation reveals a secret that could have a negative effect on Coulson.
- “Girl in the Flower Dress” - Agent Coulson and the team head to Asia to rescue a young man with an extraordinary power, and a mysterious girl in a flower dress may be able to help them on their journey. Meanwhile, a secret jeopardizes Skye's relationship with the other agents.
- “FZZT” - Agent Coulson and the team find themselves in danger while tracking an elusive killer.
- “The Hub” - Agent Coulson works to save Ward and Fitz after they embark on a Level 8 classified mission that could prove dangerous.
- “The Well” - A crossover episode with "Thor: The Dark World" (2013) finds the agents dealing with the aftermath of the film's events, which pose a danger to one member of the team.
- “Repairs” - A secret from May's past may be the key to saving the team from being destroyed by a mysterious force.
- “The Bridge” - Secrets are revealed and threats loom when Agent Coulson decides to team up with super-soldier Mike Peterson to go after the shadowy Centipede.
- “The Magical Place” - Agent Coulson learns more about the mystery of his death, but the information may come at too high a cost.
- “Seeds” - Information about Skye's past comes to light. Meanwhile, the team faces a storm at S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy.
- “T.R.A.C.K.S.” - A mysterious train proves dangerous for Agent Coulson and the team as they pursue the Clairvoyant.
- “T.A.H.I.T.I.” - Agent Coulson solicits help from Ward's former S.O., John Garrett (Bill Paxton) on his mission to save Skye and discovers new information about himself and S.H.I.E.L.D. in the process.
- “Yes Men” - When Asgardian enchantress Lorelai journeys to Earth, Agent Coulson and S.H.I.E.L.D. team up with the Lady Sif to stop her.
- “End of the Beginning” - The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents close in on the Clairvoyant with help from Garrett and Triplett. Meanwhile, they must contend with their former ally Mike Peterson, now reborn as the cyborg Deathlok.
- “Turn, Turn, Turn” - The agents find themselves trapped without allies and facing a traitor among them.
- “Providence” - Col. Glenn Talbot (Adrian Pasdar) pursues Coulson's team as they begin to uncover S.H.I.E.L.D.'s darkest secrets.
- “The Only Light in the Darkness” - Things get personal for Agent Coulson, who must race against time to save his one true love, the cello-playing Audrey (Amy Acker).
- “Nothing Personal” - During S.H.I.E.L.D.'s darkest hour, Coulson receives assistance from Agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders).
- “Ragtag” - Agent Coulson and the team go undercover to take on Hydra. Meanwhile, they learn the truth about Ward's allegiances.
- “Beginning of the End” - In the Season 1 finale, the battle against Garrett and Hydra comes to a climax and dark secrets are exposed.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Brett Dalton as Grant Ward
- Chloe Bennet as Skye
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- B. J. Britt as Antoine Triplett
- Saffron Burrows as Victoria Hand
- David Conrad as Ian Quinn
- Cullen Douglas as Edison Po
- Ruth Negga as Raina
- Bill Paxton as John Garrett / The Clairvoyant
- J. August Richards as Mike Peterson / Deathlok
- Journey Into S.D.C.C. - Hop on the bus and share the thrill of a lifetime as the series makes its first ever appearance at San Diego Comic-Con, where the cast is welcomed with open arms by a sea of enthusiastic fans
- TV Special - Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe
- 5 Behind-The-Scenes Field Reports - Get exclusive access to the show's classified sets for the making of some of your favorite episodes
o "The Malibu Jump"
o "The Bridge"
o "Asgardian Bar Fight"
o "Cello Duet"
- VFX Breakdowns - Explore the layers of effects in sequences with split-frame comparisons to the final version
- Audio Commentaries with Filmmakers & Cast
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
- Best Buy - Save 15% when you purchase 2 or save 25% when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up. Offer valid 8/10/14 - 9/27/14.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.