From Neil Cross, the award-winning creator of Luther, along with James V. Hart and Amanda Welles, and award-winning producers Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald comes NBC’s compelling new drama series Crossbones: Season One. It is based on the book The Republic of Pirates by Colin Woodard. Set in a world filled with extraordinary action, adventure and intrigue, it is 1729 and the diabolical pirate Edward “Blackbeard” Teach reigns over a rogue nation of thieves, outlaws and miscreant sailors on the remote Bahamian island of Santa Campana -- the first functioning democracy in the Americas. The part shantytown, part marauder's paradise is a place like no other on earth and a mounting threat to international commerce. Although many believe Blackbeard is dead, spymaster William Jagger thinks he is alive and sends Tom Lowe, a highly skilled undercover English spy, to find and kill him. However after meeting Blackbeard, the closer Lowe gets to him while pretending to be a surgeon, the more difficult he finds his quest. Lowe is not the only one who wants Blackbeard’s head; he is a man with many villainous rivals and two great weakness -- a passionately driven woman whom he cannot deny and mysterious debilitating headaches accompanied by visions.
Crossbones cast features John Malkovich as Edward “Blackbeard” Teach, Yasmine Al Massri as Selima El Sharad, Richard Coyle as Tom Lowe, Claire Foy as Kate Balfour, David Hoflin as Charlie Rider, Tracy Ifeachor as Nenna Ajanlekoko and Chris Perfetti as Tim Fletch.
The DVD special features include deleted scenes.
NBC has decided not to renew Crossbones for a second season.
- “The Devil’s Dominion” - English spy Tom Lowe is sent to work undercover on the HMS Petrel as a ship's surgeon. Governor Jagger believes that Blackbeard will attack the Petrel because it is transporting the Longitude Chronometer, a prototype navigational device. Jagger believes that the legendary pirate Blackbeard, believed dead, is indeed alive and will try to steal the device. Tom is to use the opportunity to get close to Blackbeard... and kill him.
- “The Covenant” - Blackbeard summons an old friend, Captain Sam Valentine, to carry out his plan to have Jagger recalled to England. However, Valentine challenges the commodore and Blackbeard is forced to take extreme steps. Meanwhile, Kate asks Tom to examine her husband James.
- “The Man Who Killed Blackbeard” - When Blackbeard receives word that Kate has been captured by the English, he sets out to rescue her before Jagger tortures the location of Santa Campana out of her. However, Tom and James have their doubts that Blackbeard intends to keep her alive and Tom goes with Blackbeard to guarantee her safety.
- “Antoinette” - James asks Tom to help him overcome his opium addiction and regain the partial use of his legs. However, Blackbeard has other plans for Tom, sending him to steal from a Cuban governor so that he can finance the army he needs for the next stage of his master plan. Meanwhile, Jagger turns to an unexpected resource to find Santa Campana.
- “The Return” - Tom tricks Blackbeard into letting him return to Jamaica. However, when Jagger demands Santa Campana's location, Tom realizes that the governor-general will kill the guilty and innocent alike and has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Rose blackmails Nenna, who seeks to buy a plantation for herself. And Blackbeard encourages Selima to leave the manor in preparation of her taking his place if he dies.
- “A Hole in the Head” - Tom plans to kidnap Blackbeard and take him to English authorities, hoping the move will save the Santa Compana people from the unhinged wrath of William Jagger. Meanwhile, Jagger searches for the key to triumphing over Blackbeard.
- “Beggarman” - With few allies left in Santa Campana, things take a turn for the worse for Tom when Nenna's plans for escape puts him in her deadly crosshairs. Meanwhile, James makes an unexpected alliance that could cost both him and Tom their lives.
- “Crossbones” - Under pressure from a mysterious, powerful warlord, Blackbeard dispatches Rider, Nenna, and Tom Lowe to carry out a daring raid on a Spanish stronghold. But Lowe is far from welcome on this mission.
- “Blackbeard” - Fire rains down on Santa Campana as Blackbeard risks all against William Jagger's maniacal attack. Lowe must choose between saving the people he loves, the man he admires, and the legacy Edward Teach has built.
- John Malkovich as Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
- Richard Coyle as Tom Lowe
- Claire Foy as Kate Balfour
- Yasmine Al Massri as Selima El Sharad
- David Hoflin as Charles Rider
- Chris Perfetti as Fletch
- Tracy Ifeachor as Nenna
- Peter Stebbings as James Balfour
- Julian Sands as William Jagger
- Ezra Buzzington as Oswald Eisengrim
- Henry Hereford as Frederick Nightingale
- Lauren Shaw as The Woman in White
- Emilien De Falco as Alain Mersault
- Kevin Ryan as John Finnegan
- Natalie Blair as Rose
- Aimee Mullins as The Women in White / Antoinette
- Henry Hereford as The Wild Man
- Deleted Scenes
- Best Buy - Save 15% when you purchase 2 or save 25% when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up. Offer valid 8/10/14 - 9/27/14.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.