Trick-or-treating into homes in time for Halloween fun is Tim Burton’s cult-classic stop-motion animated fable The Nightmare Before Christmas, released from Disney in 3D for the very first time to celebrate its 20th anniversary. Directed by Henry Selick and produced/co-written by Tim Burton, Danny Elfman wrote the film score and provided the singing voice of Jack and other minor characters. The other principal voice cast includes Chris Sarandon, Catherine O'Hara, William Hickey, Ken Page and Glenn Shadix.
Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloweentown, is tired of the same old scare-and-scream routine each year -- which he is very good at. In a funk, one day he wanders into the woods and discovers a portal to Christmas Town -- a much more cheerful holiday. Overwhelmed by what he sees, he becomes obsessed with the idea of spreading the joy of Christmas in their own Halloweentown way. Despite Sally’s protests, Jack proceeds with his plan and persuades Lock, Shock and Barrel, a trio of mischievous children, to help kidnap Santa and prepare a very special Christmas for all the boys and girls. However, nothing goes as planned and Jack’s merry mission ends up becoming a terrible nightmare. He nearly gets killed for being an imposter and ends up putting Santa and Sally’s life in jeopardy when they are captured by Oogie Boogie, the town’s villainous boogeyman.
The 20th anniversary edition is packed with lots of bonus treats, including deleted scenes, Tim Burton movie introduction, “What’s This?” Jack’s haunted mansion holiday tour, Frankenweenie short film (uncut version) with introduction by Tim Burton, Vincent short film, Tim Burton’s original poem narrated by Christopher Lee, audio commentary, behind-the-scenes making-of featurette and the worlds of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Danny Elfman as Jack Skellington - Singing Voice / Barrel / Clown with the Tear Away Face
- Chris Sarandon as Jack Skellington
- Catherine O'Hara as Sally / Shock
- William Hickey as Dr. Finklestein
- Glenn Shadix as Mayor
- Paul Reubens as Lock
- Ken Page as Oogie Boogie
- Edward Ivory as Santa
- Susan McBride as Big Witch
- Debi Durst as Corpse Kid / Corpse Mom / Small Witch
- Greg Proops as Harlequin Demon / Devil / Sax Player
- Kerry Katz as Man Under Stairs / Vampire / Corpse Dad
- Randy Crenshaw as Mr. Hyde / Behemoth / Vampire
- Sherwood Ball as Mummy / Vampire
- Carmen Twillie as Undersea Gal / Man Under the Stairs
- Glenn Walters as Wolfman
- Tim Burton Movie Introduction
- “What’s This?” Jack’s Haunted Mansion Holiday Tour
- Frankenweenie Short Film (Uncut Version) With Introduction By Tim Burton
- Vincent – Short Film
- Tim Burton’s Original Poem Narrated by Christopher Lee
- Audio Commentary By Tim Burton, Director Henry Selick And Music Designer Danny Elfman
- Behind-The-Scenes Making Of The Movie
- The Worlds Of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Deleted Scenes
Check out the slideshow to see what the exclusive looks like.
Release Date: December 2, 2013
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.