An 815 series by Jordan Sepper at Sarasota Lanes, and a plethora of high scores at Treasure Lanes in Port Charlotte, highlight this week's Examiner.com report on top accomplishments by league bowlers at centers in the Sarasota-Manatee-Charlotte County area.
Sepper's big series came on games of 277, 269 and 269 on the opening week of the Cook Spring Invitational summer league at Sarasota Lanes.
Meanwhile at Treasure Lanes, there were a pair of 299 games in one league, a pair of 298 games in another league, plus 700-plus series shot by ladies in three different leagues.
The 299s were rolled by Mike Aleshire and Jim Lugiewicz, both in the middle game of competition on adjoining lanes during the final session of the season in the Beef O'Brady's/Parquette Insurance League. On Lanes 9-10, Aleshire blasted games of 239, 299 and 237 en route to a 775 series, while on Lanes 11-12, Lugiewicz had games of 169, 299 and 194 for a 662 series.
The 298 scores were posted by Joe Harper and Joe Tocco on the last night of the 36-week schedule for the Guys & Dolls Mixed League. Harper's series was 737 on games of 194, 298 and 245, a week after blasting 268-753 numbers in the same league, while Tocco totaled 713 on games of 171, 298 and 244.
On the distaff side, Dolores Meyers, Jennifer Peacock and Wendy Aldridge each soared past the 700 mark at Treasure Lanes.
Meyers pounded out games of 270, 267 and 223 for a 760 total that raised her average to 206 in the Kays-Ponger-Uselton Ladies League, while Peacock upped her average to 217 in the Beef O'Brady's/Parquette Insurance League with a 746 series on scores of 224, 267 and 255. Aldridge's big night came on games of 227, 266 and 235 for a 728 series in the Guys & Dolls League, where she ended the season with a 202 average.
Competing in the Aero Sol Tuesday Men's League at Treasure Lanes, Wayne Carr posted a 146-over-average 746 series that included a 265 game. Other high-score reports from area centers included:
- TREASURE LANES: Billy Seymour 289-704, Mike Janosik 279-740 and 729, Keith Jones 279, Gerald Lord 278-702, John Jones 269-739, Mike Aleshire 728, Ryan Williams 719, David Drab 716, Gary Toma 705; Dolores Meyers 258-612, Dale Miller 256-660 and 225-612, Kimberlee Lindsey 246, Renae Gross 245, Kathy Maier 243-645 and 634, Heatherly Faulkner 237-610, Diane Kays 234 and 230, Deb Lugiewicz 229-615, Ursula Hall 225, Wendy Aldridge 621.
- SARASOTA LANES: Terry Deshaies 279-730, Cory Anderson 279, Sam Steiner 279, Larry Sebesan 277, Van Henson 277, Mike Thompson 268, Jeff Brodeur 265-724,Ken Combs 735; Jessica Hendrickson 268-680.
- BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE: Thomas Lindenberger 280-752, Jimmy Kuykendall 278, Edward Barker 278, Jim Ulrich 277-703, Donnie Schwartz 268-774, Ron Middleton 266, Tim McDonald 736, Eric Hill 725, Gary Krowka 715; Rose Gassera 235.
- AMF VENICE LANES: Derek Lucas 276-738.
- ENGLEWOOD BOWL: Randy Plank 268-723.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald's Examiner.com bowling articles -- free of charge -- by clicking on "subscribe" near the top of the column, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published.]