UTC in Rockford, IL has a key position that is open on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
In this role the candidate will be responsible for operational support of Rockford Distribution Center, which involves:
- Enhancement of the direct military inspection process.
- Define and design tooling, fixtures and programs used in the manufacturing process.
- Analyze and evaluate manufacturing methods and standards.
- Lead teams to find solutions to problems that affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Conduct direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and work station layout.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researched methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
- Develop and implement new processes or change current processes.
- Develops capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Lead cell line design activities and support Kaizen Events.
The ideal candidate will possess a degree in manufacturing engineering or related field with the following years of experience.
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- MA/MS degree with a minimum of 1 years of experience.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical Process Control, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Oriented and experienced in a team environment.
Must be a US Citizen.
UTC - Hamilton Susndstrand, Human Resources, 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL 61108 - (815) 226 - 6000