One of the best ways to express your gratitude to many people at one time is to mail thank you cards online. Although we live in a digital age, the traditional "thank you" card does not have to be lost along the wayside.
The truth is that people really still appreciate getting a card of thanks in the mail, and more and more people are returning to their traditional roots by sending out this type of card with the help of an online service that makes sending out a personalized thank you an easy prospect.
Online thank you cards are simple to send, especially with the company Postable. You just create an account with the online greeting card website and then request that your friends add their addresses to your virtual address book. The company will provide a free and secure address book that makes it a snap for your friends to add their information.
Your friends add the info right into your book without the worry of their addresses being used by anyone other than you. You can also upload addresses that you already know to fill out your address book. You can import contacts from sources like Outlook, Gmail, and others and you can also export the addresses that your friends add so that your contact list is complete both on the greeting card site and in your other online address books.
Once your address book is filled, you're ready to mail thank you cards online, essentially taking the hassle out of the entire process. You'll simply:
- Choose the card that you like most from an array of available designs. There are designs for every sort of occasion, including weddings, baby showers, birthdays, and anniversaries. There are also general designs for occasions that fall outside the traditional event. You will find a mix of different styles, from bold and modern to traditional and demure.
- Choose the recipient. Clicking on the handy address book you've created allows you to choose a card recipient.
- Write a custom message. You can write your own unique message to your recipient in the font of your choice, including some handwriting fonts that look like you actually penned the words yourself.
- Send. There is a nominal cost for the card, stuffing the card in the envelope, stamping it, and sending it on its way.
It really is that easy to tackle that stack of thank-you notes that you've been putting off.
Sending online thank you cards has its perks. Some reasons to allow an online greeting card company to print and mail your thank you cards include:
- Convenience. You never have to touch the cards. The online service does it all for you in a streamlined, efficient manner.
- Environmentally friendly choice. The cards are printed on high quality tree-free 100% cotton paper or 100% post-consumer recycled paper, no matter which design you choose. Cards can be printed as needed, so there's never any waste.
- Cost effective. When you factor in the time that you would ordinarily spend writing out each card and getting it out in the mail, the low cost per card is a small price to pay to save time and get the job out of the way.
For these reasons and more, sending thank you cards via mail through an online service makes a lot of sense, whether you're a busy bride settling into married life or a new mom with a newborn to care for and little time to spend addressing cards to well-meaning gift givers.
Note: This article was contributed by Amanda Welsch, a 4th grade teacher and mother of 2.