Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky) announced yesterday that his office wrote a check to the United States Treasury for $600,000. The funds were from spending only about 80 percent of the operating budget allocated to his office as Senator and returning the other unspent 20 percent to the government. Paul had returned $500,000 last year from savings in his office operating budget, for a total of $1.1 million over the last two years.
"I ran to stop the reckless spending, and I pledged to the people of Kentucky that I would work to keep their hard-earned money out of the hands of Washington bureaucrats whose irresponsible spending has threatened our country's economic health," Sen. Paul said.
At the press conference, Sen. Paul presented taxpayers with an over-sized check for $600,000, representing the money being returned to the Treasury.
Senator Paul also said he will, “introduce legislation this year incentivizing federal employees to identify and eliminate wasteful programs in their respective agencies.”
Back in full force: UnSkewedPolls.com still unskewing the skewed media polls!
Coming soon: ConservativeReform.com the future of the conservative movement and victory in 2014 and 2016 for Republicans begins here.
Read the best of Dean's News and Commentaries here at DEAN2112.com.
Read my articles at PerigonMedia.com also.
Read more articles at RightNewsNow.com