Senator Bayh gives Congressman Brad Ellsworth $1 million as a reward for health care 'yes' vote

Bayh prepares to hipcheck senator Lincoln into the pillar.

Oh, and check out those shoes!
Bayh prepares to hipcheck senator Lincoln into the pillar. Oh, and check out those shoes!
Photo courtesy of the Associated Press. Thanks Associated Press!

Comments

• VeldaElsa 5 years ago

Are you unemployed? With new Obama Health Care Plan, Government is going to insure additional 33 Million people. There is going to be huge demand for medical assistants across the nation at least half a million. We can help you get a training during weekends and evenings and get a degree in few months. The course is easy, contact for free information at www.bit.ly/9eV3nr this is your decision

• Indy Conservative Examiner 5 years ago

That is a remarkably ignorant statement and a shameless plug, which I am tempted to delete. There will be an increased demand, but the government is not going to allow for adequate reimbursements. Doctors themselves have said that they cannot survive cuts to medicare and medicaid reimbursements or another reimbursement system that is similarly designed.

The only jobs that will be in high demand are low paying ones, since the doctors and hospitals will lose money.

Oh, and the government is likely to be hiring.

• confused 5 years ago

I don't get what the problem is with this bill.I have voted in a few elections where a candidate was supporting a measure that would help me personally(a rarity)regardless of party affiliation,and as a small business owner,according to my accountant I now stand to save a considerable amount via a new tax credit.Am I missing something here?

The way you demonize the concept of "liberalism" and the aformentioned candidates seems a bit over the top.All I know is that my premiums have been rising,on average,10-15% EVERY YEAR since 2000-each year I must reduce benefits to avoid opting out completely.I don't care if it was passed by a "liberal" congress-it's about time they switch their focus to us "little" guys.I just know that I stand to save alot of money, while providing a valuable asset to my employees. Again,am I missing something here because to avoid losing it I WILL get out and vote this November.Would people actually vote against their own best interest out of an irrational fear?

• confused 5 years ago

"Recent polls show Ellsworth trailing any of the three republican front-runners by anywhere from 10 to 20 percentage points, depending upon who you ask."

Is that a typo or intentional? According to your link:

Indiana Senate Hostettler(R)vs Ellsworth(D)
    Rasmussen Reports 03/17 - 03/18 500 LV 50 32 Hostettler +18
    Daily Kos/R2000 02/22 - 02/24 600 LV 40 34 Hostettler +6 Rasmussen Reports 02/16 - 02/17 500 LV 46 27 Hostettler +19

+6 is a bit less than +10

Indiana Senate - Coats(R) vs. Ellsworth(D)
    Rasmussen Reports 03/17 - 03/18 500 LV 49 34 Coats +15
    Daily Kos/R2000 02/22 - 02/24 600 LV 37 36 Coats +1
    Rasmussen Reports 02/16 - 02/17 500 LV 46 32 Coats +14

+1 is SIGNIFICANTLY less than +10

And NO candidate is leading by 20. Not even close.

Ellsworth entered the race 1 month ago and has 8 months to campaign.

If you honestly believe this bill is "bad" why the need to falsify information?

• Indy Conservative Examiner 5 years ago

To confused:
    The daily Kos polls are not legitimate and are always skewed far left. If you look at the non Kos polls, they all show GOP candidates leading Ellsworth with leads between 10-20 points. As I said. The top lead is 18 points, as you pointed out, but rounding up when giving spreads is a common practice. Come one now. Is the best counter you have to nit-pick over 2 points?