During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control earlier this week, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) claimed that it's "legal to hunt humans" with large capacity magazines, The Blaze reported Friday.
“The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds," she said. "And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”
“The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this," she said.
Jason Howerton called her claims "bizarre," as did The Daily Caller's Jeff Poor. Commenters at both sites were far less generous.
According to the Veterans Administration, PTSD was first proposed as a diagnosis in 1980, long before the Iraq war.
While we were unable to find any laws allowing hunting of humans as sport, Jim Hoft of the Gateway Pundit noted sarcastically that it "comes after duck hunting season."
Video of her comments can be seen here.
- School removes toy soldiers with guns from cupcakes, calls them 'insensitive'
- White House petition calls for Sen. Dianne Feinstein to be tried for treason
- Public schools turning stupid over guns
- Second-grade Maryland boy suspended after chewing pastry into shape of gun
- Washington boy suspended for talking about toy Nerf guns, suspension overturned
- Actor Joseph C. Phillips says teacher threatened son over photo of BB gun
- Philadelphia fifth-grader searched, threatened, called a murderer over paper gun
- Seven-year-old boy suspended for tossing imaginary grenade at recess
- Middle-school student ordered to cover Marine Corps t-shirt or face suspension
- Six-year-old suspended from school for making finger gun, saying ‘pow’
- Five-year-old named terrorist threat, suspended after threat to shoot bubbles
- Thousands gather across nation to celebrate ‘Gun Appreciation Day’
- Obama uses videos of children begging for gun control in campaign against NRA
- NRA president blames Obama, media for ‘hundreds’ of death threats
- NRA more popular than President Obama, media silent
- MSNBC’s Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Thousands gather across nation for ‘Day of Resistance’ rallies
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members after NRA press conference (Video)
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to America: Turn in your guns
- Meet six people who would not be alive if liberals had their way on guns
- Actress Marg Helgenberger: ‘One can only hope’ NRA members are shot dead
- Democratic Party leader: Call to shoot NRA members not a death threat
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.