1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Arts & Entertainment
  3. Music

Secret guest Joaquin Phoenix at Lenny's tonight

Joaquin Phoenix will be playing Lenny's Bar tonight in Atlanta

For those of you who have been following Joaquin Phoenix's highly public and tragically entertaining fall from grace, tonight may be your only chance to witness it live in Atlanta.  Moments ago, I received a Myspace bulletin from Lenny's Bar revealing the indentity of their "top secret guest performer".  This is 100% legitimate and has been verified by a Lenny's employee.

What:  Fuggin Awesome One Year Anniversary

Where:  Lenny's Bar, 486 Decatur Street, Atlanta, GA

When:  Tonight, Friday Feb. 27th at 10PM

How Much:  $5

Who:  Yelawolf, Priceless, Young Trimm, Killer Mike, Pill, Gripplyaz, Collective Efforts, Wheeler Boys, and Animal House

Quoted from Lenny's:

"PLEASE NO PHOTOGRAPHY DURING Joaquin Phoenixx SET!
THIS IS NOT A JOKE! WE COULD NOT TELL PEOPLE TILL TODAY! ( YOU CAN REPOST IF YOU LIKE!!)
Joaquin Phoenixx will be bring his REAL RAP GAME!
GET READY ATL!!!!!!!!!!"

I think Joaquin said it best, "it's hard for me to connote that my artism is bigger than that".  I am totally ready for him to show us that "his artism is bigger than that".

Don't miss out; it's going to be pretty epic.

For more info: Lenny's Bar

Comments

• LENNYS BAR 5 years ago

THIS WAS A JOKE, BY A PROMOTER THAT HACKED THE MYSPACE PAGE! THIS JUST A JOKE!

• LENNYS BAR 5 years ago

NO REAL!

• Chris Rodney 5 years ago

I never wished that I lived in Atlanta ... until today!

• NikiG Fan 5 years ago

Well, I for one am not assuming this is just a hoax. Casey Affleck has been filming Joaquin, and given how out of the box and crazy he is, it wouldn't surprise me if he would choose to perform at small indie dives like Lennys. "Lennys Bar" who are you? May be it's a way to further confuse the public? My BF spoke directly with the producer and he admitted it was a promoter that posted on My Space but he didn't deny or confirm. What that means, no one will know unless they go tonight!

• Ohwell 5 years ago

Not true. You can read about it at Paste magazine, since I'm not allowed to post urls in the comment.

• elliott 5 years ago

Not true - I'm hear and Phoniex is definately not here. My hats off to the promoter though - good scam

• Nikita Gale 5 years ago

I apologize for the false information. I was just going off of what I'd seen and been told, and because Lenny's never issued any official statement denying the information, I left the article as is. If nothing else, you can think of it as a reminder of the fleeting glimmer of hope you had that Joaquin Phoenix thought Atlanta was actually cool enough to be ground zero for his rap performance.

Join the conversation! Log in here or create a new account if you've never registered before.

Got something to say?

Examiner.com is looking for writers, photographers, and videographers to join the fastest growing group of local insiders. If you are interested in growing your online rep apply to be an Examiner today!

Today's top buzz...

• Eminem
    The jam-packed Austin City Limits festival lineup has been announced
    Festivals Buzz
  • A.J. Green
    The Cincinnati Bengals kept A.J. Green happy with an extension through 2015
    NFL News
  • Blake Shelton
    Performers announced for Clear Channel's first iHeartRadio Music Awards
    Music News
  • NBA Cheerleaders
    These NBA dancers are guaranteed to take some attention away from the playoff action
    Camera
    NBA Buzz
  • Kristen Wiig
    Exclusive: Kristen Wiig talks 'Secret Life of Walter Mitty,' new on Blu-ray, DVD
    Movies Buzz
  • Buffalo Bills
    The Buffalo Bills have reached a settlement agreement in a text messaging lawsuit
    Video
    Headlines

User login

Sign in with your email and password. Or reset your password.
Write for us
Interested in becoming an Examiner and sharing your experience and passion? We're always looking for quality writers. Find out more about Examiner.com and apply today!