The 2013 SEC Championship will be on the line when Auburn faces Missouri in today's CBS live stream game, which has a start time of 4 p.m. EST (3 p.m. CST/2 p.m. MST/1 p.m. PST). According to a Dec. 7 USAT report, Alabama coach Nick Saban believes AU should be allowed to play in the 2014 BCS National Title with a victory over Mizzou this evening.
"Since Auburn beat us, if they win the SEC Championship Game, they certainly deserve the opportunity to play in the national championship game," said the four-time national champ. "That's what I think. That's not to take anything away from anyone else, but that's just how I feel relative to our circumstance in our league."
The question is: Can AU defeat a very tough Mizzou team in this all-feline NCAA football championship Saturday? The Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Ga., will be filled to capacity to try and answer that very same question.
CBS will be handling broadcasting duties for what should be a highly entertaining SEC Championship 2013 Game between the third-ranked (11-1) Auburn Tigers and the No.5 team in the country, the (11-1) Missouri Tigers.
In addition to the national broadcast, CBS-Sports will also be streaming this game live free of charge, beginning at the top of the hour.
As far as what we can expect to see in this SEC Championship 2013, college football oddsmakers are playing this one very close to the chest.
The latest ATS odds show that Missouri [-1] is favored by the slightest of margins over Auburn [+1], and that the OVER/UNDER is set at a combined total of 59½ points.
NCAA Football 2013 Consensus Prior to CBS Game Time
- Missouri Spread: 54 percent.
- Auburn Spread: 46 percent.
- OVER: 61 percent.
- UNDER: 39 percent.
SEC Championship 2013 Trends Prior to Free Live Stream
- Mizzou is 4-0 ATS in its last 4 conference games.
- Mizzou is 7-0 ATS in its last 7 games after accumulating more than 450 total yards in its previous game.
- AU is 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight-up win.
- AU is 6-0 ATS versus teams with winning records.
- AU is 7-0 ATS in its last 7 conference games.
Auburn vs. Missouri Football 2013 Extra Point
- UNDER is 4-0 in Mizzou's last 4 games on fieldturf.
- UNDER is 4-1 in Mizzou's last 5 games overall.
- UNDER is 4-1 in Mizzou's last 5 conference games.
- OVER is 7-1 in AU's last 8 games following a straight-up win.
- OVER is 6-1 in AU's last 7 games overall.
- OVER is 6-1 in AU's last 7 games following an ATS win.
What's your take on Nick Saban's most recent statements? Does Auburn deserve a title shot should they capture the SEC Championship 2013 with a win over Missouri? Don't miss this Auburn-Missouri football clash at 4 p.m. EST on CBS, or watch the free live stream CBS-Ulive feed at the aforementioned game starting time.