Leaving your Florida home for the summer season? The following check list will help you keep your home healthy during long absences.
1. Schedule air conditioner service before departure (and at least twice yearly) and change filters frequently throughout the year. Ensure the temperature of the home is maintained throughout the year at a level intended to keep the house cool and humidity free to avoid mild, mildew and dust.
2. Have a plumber check hoses, drains, water heater and toilet fixtures annually.
3. Make sure your pest control service is doing a good job and understands your personal needs.
4. Make sure garage door remote access does not make your home vulnerable to intruders or burglars.
5. Ensure all windows are locked and hurricane shutter plans are in place.
6. Have property trees and shrubs trimmed so that limbs are not too close to home and trees are healthy preventing damage to home during tropical storms and hurricanes.
7. Update batteries and light bulbs throughout house - flashlights, remotes, thermostats, smoke alarms, emergency radio and televisions.
8. Maintain pool and fountain service personnel and request updates.
Enjoy your beautiful Florida home for years to come by keeping healthy with a few quick, easy maintenance checks. And hire a house sitter to check the house and functions on a regular basis and send you reports. bocaratonconcierge.com