Thanksgiving is over, so it is time to move on and prepare for the holidays. New seasonal products made from peppermint, cinnamon, and chocolate are already on store shelves. Gluten-free manufacturers are not to be left out of this trend and they have come to the table with cookies, baked goods, beverages, and more.
I compiled the following list, which I am sure is not inclusive, to help satisfy those sweet cravings!
- Angie's Popcorn - has three seasonal popcorn flavors: White Chocolatier Peppermint , Dark Chocolatier Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. All three flavors are made using natural flavors, they are GFCO certified, and they can be purchased at Target stores nationally.
- Bob's Red Mill - just released their newest gluten-free mix, Pie Crust, that promises it is 'easy as pie' to create flaky, all-natural crusts that will work for any pie recipe. The 16 ounce bag makes two 9" crusts and all you need to add is butter or shortening and cold water.
- Dr. Lucy's - launched two seasonal flavors of their vegan, gluten-free, peanut-free, and tree-nut free cookies last year that are perfect for the upcoming holiday: Holiday Sugars and Chocolate Mint.
- Earth Balance - ‘Tis the Season Popps blend dark chocolate and warm cinnamon with popcorn to come up with this gluten free and vegan treat. This new product is available exclusively in Whole Foods Market stores during the 2013 holiday season.
- Glutino - has created Peppermint Yogurt covered Pretzels that can be found at Whole Foods Market. I can't wait to dip them in Nutella!
- Hail Merry - has created Chocolate Chocolate Chip Macaroons to celebrate the holiday season. These macaroons feature Fair Trade dark chocolate chips and raw almond flour and they are on sale on their site through January 5. All of Hail Merry's products are gluten-free certified, vegan, contain no GMO ingredients and they taste fabulous.
- Larabar - one of their new seasonal flavors is Snickerdoodle. The bar is made with: dates, cashews, almonds, cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla extract. I can't wait to try this flavor because Snickerdoodles are my specialty during the holiday season.
- Luce's Gluten-Free Artisan Bread - Winter Spice Limited Edition Bread Mix is now available for online ordering. It makes a very unique and tasty loaf with its blend of tangy teff flour and mild brown rice flour and a nice shot of cinnamon and brown sugar. This mix is also free of: dairy, egg, soy, and nuts and it is super simple to make and enjoy with family/friends who will never know it is gluten free.
- Mi-Del Cookies - launched a first-to-market line of gluten-free pre-made cookie crusts in three flavors: Graham Cracker, Chocolate Snap, and Ginger Snap at Expo West this year. I got to sample the chocolate snap crust and it stayed perfectly crisp even with filling. I haven't seen them on store shelves yet, but local sightings have been reported.
- Peeps - has a whole range of Christmas themed marshmallow shapes: Gingerbread, Trees, Snowmen, Reindeer, Stars, and Chicks that should already be on grocery store shelves. Peeps are great by themselves, but they also make great cupcake toppers.
- Pretzel Perfection - has added Holiday Clusters to their line of gourmet gluten-free pretzels in three flavors: Eggnog, Peppermint, and Salted Caramel. All three products can be purchased online, but I have seen them from time to time at HomeGoods.
- So Delicious - their Mint Chocolate and Nog coconut milk beverages are certified gluten-free, certified vegan, and non-GMO. The chocolate mint is so creamy and chocolaty that I look forward to it every year. I haven't tried the Nog because I am not a fan of egg nog. Both should start appearing on store shelves soon, but I haven't been able to find it locally yet.
- Whole Foods Gluten Free Bakehouse - their seasonal pies include apple and cherry and they should be making their way to Whole Foods' dedicated gluten-free freezers. They also sell their pie crust year round, so pick one up and make your favorite pie, or quiche.
- Williams-Sonoma - offers Pie Crust Mix and their newest Cup 4 Cup mix, Brownie, is dairy free and versatile. Both mixes can be purchased online and in stores.
What looks good to you?