A search is on for a missing cyclist from Colorado Springs who disappeared on Sunday night. Here is what is known about the case:
* The Colorado Springs Police Department received a report of the missing 36-year-old female cyclist at about 10:45 PM, Sunday, September 29.
* The Gazette has identified that missing cyclist as Alicia Jakomait, of Colorado Springs. Jakomait is a social worker and, according to her husband Jesse Jakomait, an accomplished and competitive bicycle rider.
* The police department stated that Jakomait was believed to have been riding toward the Emerald Valley Ranch on Old Stage Coach Road. However, in spite of her experience as a cyclist, she was not equipped for nighttime riding.
* Due to uncertainty about her planned route, a search and rescue operation was not enacted by the Colorado Springs Police Department on Sunday night.
* Jakomait's cell phone was tracked to an area within a mile of Emerald Valley Ranch on Sunday night, and on Monday, members of El Paso and Teller County's search and rescue team were combing a nine-mile area, the Gazette reported.
* According to the Gazette, the El Paso County Sheriff's Department stated that a resident in the area had reported hearing someone yelling on Sunday night, but that the information didn't seem significant until Monday morning, when the department received news of the missing cyclist.
* A spokesman from the Colorado Springs Police Department stated on Monday that foul play was not suspected, according to the Gazette.
* Anyone with information about Alicia Jakomait's disappearance is asked to call the police department at (719) 444-7000.