Kansas City's Ingram's magazine kicks off its next Fittest Execs Challenge and Fittest Companies Challenge on January 6, in its annual, spirited competition that runs up to 125 days.
During each challenge, participants armed with a wealth of personal health metrics will concentrate on specific areas that need improvement, whether it's:
- Overall Stamina
- Aerobic capacity and cardio performance
- Strength and conditioning
- All of the above
Baseline health assessments start on January 6 and then the two challenges start on January 6 and participants have until May 10 to get in top shape.
The baseline assessment includes metrics, such as:
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Test for Cholesterol, Glucose Check, HDL/LDL Ratio, Triglyceride Level
- Aerobic Capacity Max vo2
- Strength Measurement
- Body Fat Computation/Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Flexibility Measurement
Teams entering the Fittest Companies Challenge may have four to six members and should include at least one executive level member or someone from upper management. Individuals entering the Fittest Exec Challenge pay $225 to participate. Team fees start at $995.
- Winners in a variety of award categories, including age groups of under 50 and 50-plus, will be announced in July 2014.
Ingram's launched the competitions in 2009 under the belief that corporate fitness efforts start at the top of a company. Since then, the competitions have helped hundreds of employees in the Kansas City region get in shape.
To enter or for more information, contact: FittestExecs@Ingrams.com.