A new season of “The Bachelor” begins tonight, so Sean Lowe hit the publicity trail on Jan. 7 and opened up about Emily Maynard and the challenges he faced while dating 26 women in his quest for lasting love. On “Good Morning America,” he said on Monday, “I consider myself very lucky.” On “Live with Kelly and Michael,” he stated about past love Emily, “I was sincerely heartbroken in the moment.”
Last season, millions of viewers sighed when Emily Maynard eliminated Sean in favor of Jef Holm and Arie Luyendyk. All season, the bachelorette referred to Sean as “the perfect man,” but eliminated him right before the finale. On Monday, Sean said that he was shocked and heartbroken over her decision and stated, “I knew in my mind that I was going to marry Emily.” He added that it took some time to recover, but that her decision was “probably for the best.”
Sean Lowe is the new “Bachelor,” which premieres tonight on ABC. He explained that dating 25 women was physically and emotionally exhausting. “My friends look at me and say that I’m the luckiest guy in the world, but dating 25 women is tough,” he explained on “GMA.” “It’s a lot to keep up with.” On "Live," Sean revealed that he doesn’t pick the girl in the mask, who is a fan of “50 Shades of Grey” and is featured in the latest promo spot for the new season of "The Bachelor." On Monday, Kelly Ripa blindfolded the bachelor, spun him around three times and told him to randomly kiss a photo of one of the 25 women. Interestingly enough, Sean kissed Lacey, whom Kelly jokingly declared this season’s winner.
To get set for tonight’s big premiere of “The Bachelor,” below are some interesting facts about Sean Lowe.
- He wants to make a lifelong commitment to the right woman. The open-minded optimist is confident that he can find his soul mate and a lasting, love-filled relationship this time on “The Bachelor.”
- Sean is a successful businessman and entrepreneur. He started his career in finance, and then followed his father’s footsteps in insurance before committing to his new enterprise, owning and running an upscale, custom furniture business. In his spare time, Sean models for fitness magazines.
- The lifelong Texan wants his family to be centered on faith, love and laughter.
- He will encourage his wife to chase her dreams, meaning he isn’t necessarily looking for a stay-at-home, 50s-type spouse.
- Sean wants a big family. In addition to having his own children, Lowe would like to adopt a child. He wants to pass on his values and upbringing to his children.
- His close-knit family includes a sister, Shay, who was introduced to her husband by Sean. The two men were best friends on their college football team. Shay and her husband have two children, whom Sean adores.
- Sean has good role models when it comes to marriage. His parents have been married for 35 years.
- The 6’3” bachelor went to Kansas State University on a full football scholarship. He was a linebacker and was part of the 2003 Big 12 Conference Championship Team.
- Sean received a Bachelor of Science Degree in social science from Kansas State.
- His hobbies and interests are varied and include wakeboarding, camping, dancing, attending concerts, outdoor activities and his two dogs, Lola and Ellie.
On the last season of “The Bachelorette,” Sean Lowe’s heart was broken when Emily Maynard set him free to pursue Arie and Jef. Emily eventually chose Jef Holm, but the two broke up last October. Fans are hoping for a much happier ending for Sean Lowe.
“The Bachelor” premieres on Monday, Jan. 7 at 8 p.m. EST on ABC.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you'll stay up-to-the-minute with the latest TV shows, stars and ratings.