Skip to main content
  1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Sports
  3. NFL

Seahawks v Broncos predictions picks free online Super Bowl live start time 2014

See also

After two long weeks, the 2014 Super Bowl is finally here, as in a matter of moments, the Seahawks and Broncos will take the field. That’s just enough time to take one final look at the latest online Super Bowl odds, issue some free predictions picks, and the official start time courtesy of a Feb. 2, 2014 ESPN report.

MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., takes center stage for Super Bowl XLVIII, as it will be the Seattle Seahawks taking on the Denver Broncos for all the marbles. Official opening kickoff (Super Bowl start time) is scheduled for 6:25 p.m. EST (3:25 p.m. PST) and it will be broadcast live on FOX.

According to 2014 Super Bowl oddsmakers, Peyton Manning and the Broncos [-3] are projected to outlast the Pete Carroll’s Seattle Seahawks [+3] and their “Legion of Boom” by just about a field goal this evening.

The OVER/UNDER is set at a combined total of 48 points, and alternate lines for straight-up betting value Denver as a -140 money-line favorite against Seattle’s +120 odds of a upset.

As far as free online 2014 Super Bowl picks and predictions are concerned, all indications are that regular Joes are taking the Broncos, while Las Vegas’ betting experts believe in the Seahawks as three-point dogs.

Moments removed from kickoff, almost 70 percent of the population likes the Denver Broncos’ chances at -3, with almost 2,000 wagers tallied. In contrast, the remaining 30 percent is taking the Seattle Seahawks with a small cushion, accounting for just over 1k worth of bets.

Examiner’s free Super Bowl 2014 predictions picks online prior to live start time: I like the Denver Broncos to win the game straight-up, but prefer the Seattle Seahawks in ATS scenarios. For the past two weeks, the most overused phrase has been “Defense wins championships.” Under normal circumstances, that cliché would serve true, and the so-called experts would be correct in picking the Seahawks straight up.

However, Peyton Manning’s ability to manage the game from the line of scrimmage gives the Broncos a decisive edge when utilized in a very specific manner. It’s no secret that one of the keys to the Seahawks defense is substitution patterns.

Pete Carroll and his staff love to exploit individual matchups by having a bevy of players rushing in and out of the game. Manning can neutralize that by forcing DBs to stay on the field for prolonged periods of time and wear them down with a speedy no-huddle approach on every down.

In the end, the game will come down to Matt Prater’s ability to kick the pigskin through the uprights in the clutch. One suggests taking the Denver Broncos straight up, or the Seahawks’ ATS spread of +3 points to avoid the “juice”.

Seahawks and Broncos fans are gearing up for what could be the greatest Super Bowl of all time. Who are you picking or predicting to win this instant classic? Feel free to share your last minute Super Bowl 2014 picks and predictions prior to the live start time.

Advertisement

Today's top buzz...

  • NBA point guards
    The other guys: NBA's top 5 underrated point guards
    Camera
    NBA Buzz
  • Gwen Stefani
    From Snoop Dogg to Gwen Stefani: The special Coachella guests we loved seeing
    Camera
    Music News
  • The Ultimate Warrior
    An autopsy on the Ultimate Warrior reveals what suddenly killed the wrestling hero
    Video
    Fight Sports
  • Marlon Wayans
    Exclusive: Marlon Wayans dishes on 'A Haunted House 2' and getting sexy with a doll
    Movies Buzz
  • Scott Harnell
    Philadelphia Flyers forward Scott Hartnell has been fined $5K for spearing
    NHL Buzz
  • Game of Thrones
    The stars of 'Game of Thrones' react to the shocking purple wedding
    Video
    TV Buzz

User login

Log in
Sign in with your email and password. Or reset your password.
Write for us
Interested in becoming an Examiner and sharing your experience and passion? We're always looking for quality writers. Find out more about Examiner.com and apply today!