The Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head, S.C., is one of the nation’s first and most famous golf and family-oriented resorts. If you’re a fist-time visitor or a regular, here’s a good deal that goes through Sept. 5 (www.seapines.com).
The resort’s “Escape Vacation Package” begins at $1,015 for a one-bedroom villa and includes:
• Up to 15% off a weekly home or villa rental
• $100 resort credit redeemable for golf, dining and activities
• Free golf for children 12 and younger on the Ocean Course (with each paid adult round)
• No charge for children 12 and younger on a 90-minute dolphin excursion cruise (with each paid adult)
• One complimentary family portrait session on the beach by the certified professionals at Memory Lane Portraits ($125 value)
• One Eco-Adventure or activity for two people at the resort or Coastal Discovery Museum at Historic our’s Honey Horn
The package also features two hours of tennis per day at The Sea Pines Racquet Club; unlimited use of the fitness center; access for two to the Harbour Town Lighthouse; convenient complimentary “pack and pick-up” grocery service at Harris Teeter-Park Plaza; and wireless internet during the stay.
In addition to Lowcountry golf, Sea Pines features 23 clay tennis courts, Eco-Adventure, water sports, fine and casual dining, 14 miles of bike and walking trails, horseback riding and five miles of unspoiled beaches. Guests choose from an array of accommodations, including 300 villas, 100 rental homes and the luxurious 60-room Inn at Harbour Town, a Forbes Four-Star boutique hotel and Preferred Hotel Group member.