There are no fewer than five auction houses running events today in Scottsdale, AZ while 2000 miles away, Mecum Auctions commences their epic ten day Kissimmee sale. Dana Mecum has assembled over 3000 cars for this 2013 kickoff which eclipses the totals for the entire Scottsdale slate! Early week results are in from Barrett-Jackson and the numbers are strong.
Totals provided by Barrett-Jackson for Tuesday and Wednesday are 427 lots sold of 427 offered for a total of 13.4 million dollars and an average per car of $31,290. These numbers reflect favorably over last year when they sold 406 lots of 406 offered for 11.6 million and an average paid of $28,593.
Here are the top ten sellers for the two day period:
1. 2012 Ford Mustang GT (Charity Rusty Wallace edition) realized $200,000
2. 1968 Chevrolet Camaro brought $110,000
3. 1968 Shelby GT500 KR sold for $108,900
4t. 1957 Ford Thunderbird E-Code convertible hammered for $99,000
4t. 1968 Chevrolet Camaro realized $99,000
6. 1946 Ford 1/2 ton pickup sold for $93,500
7. 1966 Shelby Cobra kit car brought $88,000
8. 1957 Ford Thunderbird convertible realized $85,800
9. 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 achieved $82,500
10. 1971 Plymouth Road Runner sold for $82,500
Bonhams completed their 2013 Scottsdale event yesterday and I will have a full recap shortly.