Lets look at the pros and cons from a parent standpoint.
- Dress code does not have to be set (i.e. shorts two inches about the knee, no spaghetti straps, etc) by the administration.
- Good for a family like mine that has a daughter who likes to shop at Justice. The average outfit can cost up to $50-$75.
- Easier on parents in the mornings; No choosing your outfit.
- Easier on children that worry about clothes and how they fit.
- Clothes can and do show personality. Uniforms would stifle that.
- Uniforms can be costly.
- Children generally don't like wearing uniforms.
As a parent to a second grader with sensory processing disorder (SPD), I would embrace uniforms. Mornings are a constant struggle in our home. If uniforms were required, it would not only remove stress from my morning, but also stress that my daughter doesn't even know she's carrying.