Chicago proper thought that children would be safe when heading off for their education along the Safe Passage Routes – not true. There have been several shootings in just the past few days that have deteriorated that belief in the minds of parents.
Then there is the fact that every time a parent turns on the television or radio that they are hearing about yet another school shooting and that is not to mention the bullying that helps to raise the suicide levels. Parents can’t even feel safe about a place that their child is required to go each and every day for most of the year. Consider Sandy Hook.
One thing that a parent can try to prevent (but still may have very little control over the manner unless they stick to their child like glue) is pedophiles. There is a website available that helps a parent search for those individuals that could pose potential harm to our children.
The website is called Kids Live Safe. Once a parent signs up, they are able to search for registered child offenders in their neighborhood and surrounding areas. It will allow a parent to see where these people live and only takes a fraction of time to do the search.
Another nice feature is that a parent is able to receive email alerts when a new sex offender moves close to their home. There are additional protection tools available on this site as well. They include:
· Search, Map, and View Complete Sex Offender Profiles. Identify exact locations of threats near your family.
· Receive Instant Email Alerts on New Sex Offenders in Your Area. Monitor your home and three other locations.
· Protect Your Child with Net Nanny. Our award winning internet filtering software. Safely monitor your child while surfing the web or chatting with friends.
· Recover Your Child with our Emergency Response Profiles. Email a complete profile of your child to law enforcement if they are lost or abducted.
· Learn Your City’s True Crime Rate. Review Seven different categories of crime and compare it to other communities across the United States.
· Stay Informed and Up-To-Date. With critical child protection information.
What are you waiting for? Search your neighborhood.