Some great (and inexpensive!) Twin Cities places to take your kids while they're off school:
- Choo Choo Bob's
- The Twin City Model Railroad Museum
- A nature center. Even in the winter, there are lots of indoor and outdoor activities at Silverwood Park, Springbrook Nature Center, Wood Lake Nature Center, and many others around the metro area.
- Go sledding. The Star Tribune published this guide to Twin Cities sledding hills -- you can try a new spot this year!
- Try an indoor playground at a mall (free!) or check out the Eagle's Nest in New Brighton or Edinborough Park in Edina.
- Use your library card to get free admission to one of the Metro's great museums. The most popular passes are often checked out, so go early and check back often.
Visit Go City Kids for many, many more ideas. This is also a great option if you're traveling for the holidays -- just click on "choose a city" under the "your neighborhood" tab to find suggestions for wherever you're going.
Have your own go-to spot? Let us know in the comments!