Navy Pier's fearsome Fear Haunted House is a popular Halloween attraction in the City of Chicago. Fear Haunted House is open as of Oct. 10, 2013 and will be open at Navy Pier on Thursdays and weekends through Oct. 31, 2013.
The Fear Haunted House at Navy Pier is for those who like a good fright, so the nighttime version is for adults who enjoy being scared by monsters. During the daytime, the Fear (less) is open with a less scary version of the attraction, appropriate for children and those who think life is scary enough without adding monsters and zombies to the equation.
Tickets are $20 for The Fear Haunted House and $12 for the Fear(less) Haunted House. A Lightning Fast Pass lets people cut the line for an additional fee.
The grounds of the Fear Haunted House contains zombies, including the Zombie Hunt Shootout and Zombie Face Painting. It’s you against a charging zombie in the Zombie Hunt Shootout where you are armed with a dozen paintballs ($5). Zombie Face Painting starts at $5. The Zombie Hunt Shootout and Zombie Face Painting are open during all The Fear and The Fear(less) operating hours.
Hours of Operation for The FEAR Haunted House:
- Thurs. (Oct 10, 17, 24), Sun. (Oct 13, 20, 27) and Wed. Oct 30 & Thurs. Oct. 31: 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sat. and Sun. (beginning Oct. 11): 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Hours of Operation for the Fear(less) Low Scare Haunted House:
- Sat. and Sun. (beginning Oct. 11) and Columbus Day (Oct. 14): Noon – 5 p.m.
Fear Haunted House was named one of Haunted Attraction Magazine’s Top 25 "Must See" Haunted Attractions in 2009 and was voted Chicago's number one Haunted House by Haunted House Chicago in 2008.
The Fear Haunted House at Navy Pier is located on Navy Pier next to the beer garden. The Fear is created and produced by Zombie Army Productions.
- Tiny the Spider at Six Flags Great America for Fright Fest
- Farm festivals offer country fun in the Chicago area in Oct.
- Fall festivals celebrate autumn in the Chicago area Oct. 10-14
- Six Flags Fright Fest promises more scares for Halloween season
- Halloween events offer fun for families at Chicago Botanic Gardens
- Chicagoween fun at Franken Plaza in Chicago