This shrimp scampi recipe is made with fresh ingredients and the homemade bruschetta combined with baby spinach can be served over penne, linguini or fettuccini. This dish is packed with flavors and ready in 15 minutes.
Origin: our kitchen
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
· 16 shrimp scampi (peeled and de-veined)
· 8 oz penne
· 6 oz baby spinach
· 2 ox Parmigiano Reggiano
Ingredients for bruschetta
· ½ cup tomato bruschetta sauce
· ½ cup chicken broth
· 4 sweet peppers
· ½ red onion
· 1 jalapeno
· 2 tsp minced garlic
· ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
· 2 tbsp unsalted butter
· Fresh pepper
· Sea salt
· Finely dice sweet peppers, jalapeno and red onion and sweat in a hot pan with olive oil.
· Add minced garlic, bruschetta sauce and bring to a simmer.
· Add chicken broth and half of the Parmigiano. Mix well and let reduce to about half.
· Lower heat and add shrimp. Let simmer until shrimp is almost done (about 2 minutes).
· Add baby spinach and mix until lightly wilted (about 1 minute).
· Boil the pasta in salted water per package instructions, drain well and add to the sauce.
· Mix and coat well.
Serve hot in a bowl or deep plate and top with the remaining Parmigiano cheese.
Crusty Italian baguette or crostini is an excellent condiment for this dish.