This year the New York Small Business Administration (SBA) will, for the first time, present an “Exporter of the Year Award’. The deadline for submitting entries has been extended to January 31, 2013. In addition to the state award, there will be a national award selected from among finalists from the 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Island and Guam.
As usual the SBA will present awards in the following categories in celebration of National Small Business Week;
- Small Business Person of the Year Awards.
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award.
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award.
- Veterans Business Outreach Centers Excellence in Service Award and Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award.
- Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding accomplishments during disaster recovery).
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year.
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year.
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have used small businesses as suppliers and contractors).
Nomination is open to any individual or group who owns and operate a SBA defined small business. The nominees must meet additional requirements which include verifiable US residence and employment. Recommendations may be made by individuals or organizations who are involved in the support of the small business community. This includes, but is not limited to trade professionals and business organizations.
The presentation of the Exporter of the Year award will be made during World Trade Month this May 2013. Winners for each of the award category, including the Small Business Exporter of the Year award, will be invited to Washington, D.C., to receive their national title and to attend National Small Business Week events.
Detailed information including eligibility and required documents for the national Small Business Exporter of the Year award are available at http://www.sba.gov/about-offices-content/3/3074/news/354841.