Valentine's Day celebrates love and romance. Feb. 14 reminds us to take a moment of our busy day and cherish our significant other. It reminds us to hold that special person who is near-and-dear to our heart and be thankful he or she is in our life.
Anti-Valentine's Day Sentiment
But for some people, Valentine's Day isn't all about chocolate, teddy bears, roses and diamonds. Some believe Valentine's Day is yet another over-hyped, commercialized holiday that really has nothing to do with love at all. It's about the almighty dollar.
And for some single people, Valentine's Day is a reminder of being alone in a couple's world. While some may embrace being single, it can also be a difficult time for folks who are alone.
There is also a special day of the year dedicated to singles. The day after Valentine's Day is Singles Awareness Day, an annual "holiday" that celebrates singles. It's the perfect day to embrace the most important person in your life - you! In honor of Singles Awareness Day, check out the silly, serious and sentimental quotes and sayings for singles.
Silly, Serious & Sentimental Sayings for Singles: Anti-Valentine's Day Quotes & Sayings
- About age 30, most women think about having children, most men think about dating them. ~ Judy Carter
- Diamonds never leave you...Men do! ~ Shirley Bassey
- Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed. ~ Albert Einstein
- I'm single because I was born that way. ~ Mae West
- Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you're pretty sexy and you're taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with. ~ Sex and the City
- Today is Valentine's Day. Or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day! ~ Jay Leno
- Cupid rhymes with Stupid ~ Unknown
- My boyfriend and I broke up. He wanted to get married and I didn't want him to! ~ Rita Rudner
- Being single was never my misfortune. It's my choice and my decision. ~ Jomari Consuelo
- Choosing to be single isn't selfish, it's just smarter to be alone than with the WRONG person. ~ Unknown
- I like being single. I'm always there when I need me. ~ Art Leo
- I won't cry for you. My mascara is too expensive. ~ Adriana Lima
- Can't wait to spend Valentine's Day with my boyfriends - Ben & Jerry. ~ Unknown
- There is a terrible hunger for love. We all experience that in our lives - the pain, the loneliness. We must have the courage to recognize it. ~ Mother Teresa
- Valentine's Day: The holiday that reminds you that if you don't have a special someone, you're alone. ~ Lewis Black
- Being single does not mean no one wants you, it just means that God is busy writing your love story. So have patience, may you soon get the love of your life. ~ Rita Ghatourey