Looking for Oscar party ideas? Serving Oscar party cocktails is a great way to get everyone in the mood for fun and relaxation. So get the party started with this Party Girl Diet Chocolate Martini Recipe on Oscar Night:
Just 3 Easy Steps to Make The Party Girl Diet inspired Chocolate Martinis:
Makes 2 Chocolate Martinis ~ which, even though they are chocolate will be clear in appearance just like a traditional vodka martini...
What you want to have on hand to make chocolate martinis, the perfect Oscar party cocktail:
- 1 Cocktail Shaker filled with ice cubes (preferably not crushed ice)
- 6 oz Chocolate Vodka (Clear) 360 Double Chocolate is a good brand
- 2 oz Cream de Cocoa (White - Clear)
- Handful of Hersey's Dark Chocolate Kisses
- Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup like Torani to dip glass rims in
- 1 Packet No Sugar Added Hot Cocoa Mix or equal amount of pure cocoa for rims
- Optional: 2 oz Whip Cream or vanilla flavored vodka
- Optional: For a less potent drink - you can cut back on the amount of vodka and/or Cream de Cocoa and add a splash of Vanilla Bean Soda or a non flavored sparkling water prior to drinking)
- 2 Martini Glasses
- 2 medium sized saucers for rimming ingredients
Pour a small amount of chocolate syrup into one plate, and empty hot cocoa mix on second plate. (See photo in slideshow for examples). You can omit this step if you don't have the rimming ingredients on hand, you can also use water instead of the chocolate syrup, yet the syrup holds the hot cocoa mix on better).
To rim your glasses, first dip your martini glasses into the sugar free chocolate syrup to coast the edges of the rim, then immediately dip them into the hot cocoa mix to form a powdery - chocolaty rim around your martini glasses.
Remove wrappers from 2 dark chocolate Heresy's Kisses and place 1 point up into the bottom of each of the martini glass. (You'll probably want to have a few more dark chocolate kisses on hand to snack on).
Fill your cocktail shaker with fresh ice cubes, and begin adding in your drink ingredients:
6 oz. (6 shaker capfuls) of your chocolate vodka
2 oz. White Cream De Cocoa
Shake vigorously - at least 1 minute
Immediately strain the chilled Chocolate Martini mixture into your rimmed martini glasses over the chocolate kisses...enjoy!
Now here's something to toast to...the health benefits of alcohol (no - you are not dreaming):
- For healthy individuals, studies show women who drink in moderation (1 glass per day) can rev their metabolism and reduce their risk of obesity.
- *Studies show that just sipping a cocktail can cause your body to release feel good endorphins, which naturally make you fell happier.
- Research also suggests healthy middle-age women who drink alcohol in moderation are less likely to develop heart disease and other major chronic conditions.
Oscar party ideas: Everyone likes to end the night with something sweet so whip up a batch of the Party Girl Diet's famous Skinny Fudge - which is 10 minute to make - no-bake - lower fat treat...that's super sweet. Putting out a tray of sliced, fresh fruit and sparkling waters is also great for guest who want to keep their calorie consumption extra light on Oscar Night.
Until next time...keep the party going ~ Aprilanne