Halloween is filled with excitement with all the decorating, trick-or-treating, donning of costumes and freaky makeup preparations. By the end of the evening parents may just want to breathe a sigh of relief that the day is finally at an end. Once all the little ones are tucked in their beds it is time to sit back and sip a drink that is designed just for them. A little sugared candy corn keeps ups with the theme of the Halloween holiday. This creeptini martini is the perfect cocktail to say good night to all the ghost and goblins that have kept you running your lives all day long.
- 1 cup of vodka
- 1 ½ cups of orange juice (pulp-free)
- 2 ounces of orange liqueur
- 4 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 16 candy corn candies
- Red and yellow food coloring
- In a cocktail shaker add a few ice cubes, the vodka, orange and lemon juice together and shake it up for about 30 seconds.
- Add a few drops of the red and yellow food coloring to get the desired orange coloring you are looking for to match the candy corn candies and shake up for an additional 10 seconds.
- Pour the candy corn creeptini into 4 cocktail glasses leaving the ice behind.
- Then garnish with 4 candy corn candies in each glass and watch them sink to the bottom.
- Serve while creeptini/martini is still chilled.
Have a happy and safe Halloween!
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: