Dips appeal to most everyone, and when planning your Super Bowl 2014 party, choose different flavors and textures. Here are tasty recipes that your guests will love.
1 pound bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers or toasted bread slices.
1/2 pound real crab meat (don't use the imitation)
2 eggs, hard cooked and diced
1/3 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all together.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to serving with crackers.
Cucumber Dill Dip
1 1/4 cups fat-free yogurt
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup light dairy sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
3 cloves garlic, minced
Fresh ground black pepper
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, sour cream, dill weed and garlic.
- Blend until almost smooth.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve with pretzels, veggie crisps, pita or bagel chips.
Dried Beef Dip
8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces sour cream
3 scallions, finely chopped
1 jar dried beef, finely chopped
- Mix well and refrigerate.
- Serve with sturdy crackers.
Blue Cheese Dip
6 ounces cream cheese softened
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Combine first four ingredients and stir well.
- Fold in blue cheese.
1 package frozen chopped spinach
3 scallions, sliced thin, including tops
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out liquid.
- Cut spinach with scissors.
- Combine other ingredients using enough mayonnaise to bind together and make a good dip consistency.
- Serve with raw vegetables and chips.
Some tips on serving dips
- Keep hot dip hot and cold dip cold.
- Stay away from flavored chips, which can compete with the flavors in the dip.
- Cut dipping vegetables into one bite pieces for easy snacking.
- To prevent double dipping, provide appetizer plates and a spoon in the dip. This allows guests to place dip on their plates and dunk as often as they like.
For great party recipes please see http://www.foodnetwork.com.