As the arctic cold blasts the area, the warm summers, sitting by the fire eating eating yummy s'mores seems like a distant memory. Who doesn't love a warm, gooey s'more? But when the wind blows and the snow falls, how can you make those summer s'mores a savory treat for the holidays? Try Cabot Creamery's Cheddar S'mores recipe.
Before people turn their nose up to the idea of a cheese s'more, take a breath. Cheese and chocolate is a great sweet and savory combination. There are many chocolate cheeses that are amazing for desserts. If you're still not convinced, think of chocolate cheesecake. Many people would devour that dessert by the slice.
Here is the recipe for the Cheddar S'Mores courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.
- 8 graham crackers, halved (to make 16 squares)
- 8 (3/4-ounce) Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Sharp Cheddar Serious Snacking*
- or 1 (8-ounce) bar Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar,
- cut into eight slices* (cheese should be smaller than cracker on all sides)
- 2 (1.55-ounce) Equal Exchange Chocolate Bars, each broken into 4 segments
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place eight graham cracker squares on baking sheet; top each with segment of chocolate followed by piece of cheese. Top with remaining graham cracker squares.
- Bake for about 4 minutes or just until cheese and chocolate start to melt.
- Remove from oven and press down gently on each S’more. Serve warm, or let cool to serve later at room temperature.
Personally, I like these little treats served warm. The combination of melted cheddar and gooey chocolate is a delightful bite. It combines the sweetness of the chocolate with the sharpness of the cheddar. The crunch of the cracker is a perfect accompaniment to the soft middle.
This recipe and many other recipes are available on the Cabot website. Cabot Creamery Cooperative has been in continuous operation in Vermont for almost 100 years, since 1919. For the farm families who own Cabot today – the family commitment comes from the 1,200 farms located throughout New England and upstate New York, and 100% of profits go to the farmers.
This year think outside of the cookie cutter holiday treats. Expand your palate and your enjoy a Cabot Cheddar S'More this holiday season.