We all love tips to make our life just a little bit more manageable. As your Dallas Household Tips Examiner I search for tips for myself and pass them along to my readers.
Here are some great tips to help you get the most out of your next trip to the thrift store!
- Can't find what you want in your size? Since many of the thrift store clothes are pre-worn and pre-washed, the size label may be off. Use that just as a guide and be sure to check out the size above and below. You might just be surprised and find the perfect fit!
- If you are shopping for yourself be sure to check out other departments, you may find something in the junior department like larger sized t-shirts that can fit adults!
- If the thrift store has a dressing room; be sure to check out the discarded items outside te dressing room. You can find some great items that just haven't been put back out on the shelf yet.
- Shop on Tuesdays! If you wait and visit your thrift store on a Tuesday you will find the shelves restocked, because they have had time to recover from the weekend, and you'll have the widest selection for the week.
- Best time of year to shop at thrift store? While thrift stores are great year round, November and December can be some of the best months to find those designer fashions. Many big clothing retailers donate their merchandise for end-of-the-year tax breaks.
Cindi is also the Dallas Small Farms Examiner. Categories include barn tips, sheep, goats, rabbits, cattle, pigs, chickens, news, history, showing, agriculture, misc farm, weather, dogs, college, fire, and Guardians.