Make your own cheap tortillas! Use only whole wheat flour to keep them healthy too.
- 2 cupes whole wheat flour
- 3 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp each salt, cajun seasoning, and garlic powder
- 4-5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- Combine flours, flax meal, & salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add oil and mash together with your hands until the ingredients are no longer dry. Drizzle a little more oil if needed and keep mixing until "oatmeal" appearance is achieved.
- Make a well in the mixture.Pour the boiling water in the bowl, mixing with a fork until dough begins to form. Gather up dough and begin kneading until dough is smooth.
- Make 12 golf ball-sized dough balls and place on a platter. Cover with a cloth. Rest the dough for about an hour.
- When ready to roll out dough, lightly flour your work surface.
- Heat a dry, large non-stick skillet to medium-high.
- Roll out first tortilla to the size of a dinner plate and place in heated skillet.
- Begin rolling next tortilla--but watch the one cooking! When bubbles start to form, flip it over and allow to cook another 10 seconds.
Number of Servings: 12