These days, time, hassle, and lots of moolah can be saved by shopping online. Many theme parks and other attractions offer online-only deals and discounts on general admission tickets and season passes.
Here are a few online theme park discounts that are worth checking out before making spring and summer travel plans. Be sure to check back periodically as this list will be updated as new offers become available.
Busch Gardens – Williamsburg, Virginia
- The ever popular Preschool Pass is back and offering Water Country USA in addition to Busch Gardens for ages three through five. This pass must be signed up for and redeemed in the park by May 31, 2014.
- The Fun Card also offers summer-long admission to Water Country USA and Busch Gardens. This offer is only available until March 31, 2014.
- Annual pass holders can bring a friend for FREE March 16 through April 27. Log in to www.bgwpass.com to redeem. If it is the first time logging in, an account will need to be created. Then, just click on "Your Offers" to redeem the free single-day pass for a friend. Every one-park, two-park and platinum annual pass is eligible for this "bring a friend for free" offer. Pass holders can also purchase discount single-day admission tickets for $15 off the general admission price.
- Busch Gardens opens for annual pass holders on Saturday, March 15 and to the general public on Sunday, March 16, 2014. Join them for a weekend-long St. Patrick's Day celebration.
Kings Dominion – Doswell, Virginia
- Everyone pays kid’s prices - Purchase Kings Dominion general admission tickets online and pay $41 for any day between now and June 15, 2014.
- Check out some of the perks of Kings Dominion season pass ownership …
- Kings Dominion opens on Saturday, April 5, 2014. Join them for a year-long 40th anniversary celebration with old favorites such as blue ice cream, the singing mushrooms and the clown band.
SeaWorld – Orlando, Florida
- SeaWorld general admission tickets are $92 at the gate. Go online and purchase for $82.
- In celebration of SeaWorld’s 50th anniversary, the park is offering a $50 week-day ticket valid for February 25 through May 5, 2014. This is also an online only deal. It is only available for a limited time. Visit SeaWorld.com to purchase these tickets as well as check out other SeaWorld offers.
Busch Gardens – Tampa, Florida
- Buy a single-day admission ticket for $82 online. Regular admission at the gate is $92.
- A single-day, advance purchase, week day ticket is $50 when purchased online for visits February 25 through May 5, 2014.
Legoland - Florida
- Save $15 on select dates by purchasing online at least two days ahead of time. The Legoland online ticket price is $69. Ticket prices at the gate are $84 for adults and $77 for children (ages 3-12) and seniors (60+).
- Save $20 off the gate price on multi-day tickets when purchased online. Single park and park-to-park online discount admission tickets are available for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
- Purchase a two-day ticket and get the third day free - for U.S. and Canadian residents only.
Gatorland - Orlando, Florida
- Gatorland offers an online coupon for $2.50 off general admission. Click here to go to the Gatorland online coupon.
Six Flags America - Baltimore/Washington, D.C.
- Save $12, $15 or $20 on select dates by purchasing online ahead of time.
- Six Flags America opens Saturday, May 3, 2014.
Cedar Point - Sandusky, Ohio
- Buy a single-day general admission ticket online for $49.99.
- Cedar Point opens on Saturday, May 10, 2014.
Carowinds - Charlotte, North Carolina
- Purchase a single-day general admission ticket online for $46.99.
- Carowinds opens on Saturday, March 29, 2014.
Kings Island - Kings Island, Ohio
- Purchase a single-day general admission ticket online for $43.99.
- Kings Island opens on Saturday, April 18, 2014.
Be sure to check back frequently for more online theme park discounts and offers. Oh, and if you go to Gatorland, I want to hear all about it.
To stay up-to-date on all of the latest and greatest theme park news and events, please click subscribe at the top of the page, follow on Twitter or connect on Facebook. Be sure to check out Somewhere in the Sand for even more travel-tips and family fun.